most people down south pronounce them clempson,but up north | Syracusefan.com

most people down south pronounce them clempson,but up north

retro44

Living Legend
they pronounce them clumpson

just can't wait for the first conference game

I pronounce them like they are spelled: CLEM-SON. Seems to work for this CNY'er.

This ain't Appalachia.

Depends on what syllable you put the emphasis on or if you just create a syllable. For example, at a Carolina-Clemson football game when I was one of them yankee students, I found out you can rhyme "tail" & "hell". It was the "yell leader" who started the chant:

"We've got a Tiger by the Tay-all,
and they can go to hay-all."

Loved my time in Chapel Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what syllable you put the emphasis on or if you just create a syllable. For example, at a Carolina-Clemson football game when I was one of them yankee students, I found out you can rhyme "tail" & "hell". It was the "yell leader" who started the chant:

Spoken like a true converted northerner...LOL. ;)

The Clemson-Georgia game week 1 could be one of the best/most important games of the year. I'll be rooting hard for Clemson and with a win they could be a top 5 program when they visit the Dome.

Klimpson as per Clemson Fans interviewed in SU Bowl Game with Clemson

I say Clemzin and Louieville. Clempsun and Louuhvull sound like you're having a stroke.

Back in 83, I was taught this song by someone I was introduced to at the Eastern Regional by a well-known journalist friend. He was someone who worked for Georgia in either the AD or SID department. He was originally from NC. This was a day or two in advance of GA upsetting UNC in the regional semis.

Sung to the tune of the UNC fight song.

They're bastards born, they're bastards bred.
And when they die, they're bastards dead.
SOOOOOO,
Piss on Carolina, Lina
Piss on Carolina, Lina
Piss on Carolina, Lina
EAT. . HEELS!

I have never forgotten that to this day.

Apologies to honored guest Resonator ;)

Hey that's hurtful! Another one of those little ditties composed by those who couldn't even get into ECU so they has to go to Georgia. (J/K)

But then us Carolina grads have always been humble because as we all know, "If God's not a Tarheel, then why is the sky Carolina Blue?"

I respect Clemson.

I hate UNC and Dook.

To our new brothers and sisters of Clemson, as encouragement for your first game of the year.

Ignore the video though...

Back in 83, I was taught this song by someone I was introduced to at the Eastern Regional by a well-known journalist friend. He was someone who worked for Georgia in either the AD or SID department. He was originally from NC. This was a day or two in advance of GA upsetting UNC in the regional semis.

Sung to the tune of the UNC fight song.

They're bastards born, they're bastards bred.
And when they die, they're bastards dead.
SOOOOOO,
Piss on Carolina, Lina
Piss on Carolina, Lina
Piss on Carolina, Lina
EAT. . HEELS!

I have never forgotten that to this day.

Apologies to honored guest Resonator ;)

No apology necessary. I thought it was hilarious...LOL.

I sort of see it this way...a UGA fan saying that to a Carolina fan about hoops would be the same as us talking trash to them about football. :)

FTR, UGA beat Carolina in the '83 East Regional Final.

No apology necessary. I thought it was hilarious...LOL.

I sort of see it this way...a UGA fan saying that to a Carolina fan about hoops would be the same as us talking trash to them about football. :)

FTR, UGA beat Carolina in the '83 East Regional Final.
Yeah, I don't know why I typed semis. I was there. :noidea:

Yeah, I don't know why I typed semis. I was there. :noidea:

That is one of the most disappointing UNC hoops' losses I can remember. UGA played well, but, my goodness, they hit some incredible shots in that game. Had UNC won, it would've meant a rematch against NCSU in the Final Four. And, without the 3-point shot they had in ACC play, I would have really liked our chances against them. Oh well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom