Most random thing ever: I just Facetimed with Baye Keita | Syracusefan.com

Most random thing ever: I just Facetimed with Baye Keita

Eric15

Living Legend
I feel like CTO right now.

My uncle is providing the DJ entertainment at Baye's wedding this evening at Turning Stone. I just got an incoming FaceTime call, it connects, and it's just Baye's face on the other end thanking me for being such a huge fan. We only talked for like 30 seconds, but what a great guy.

upload_2016-11-12_20-4-4.png

My uncle is providing the DJ entertainment at Baye's wedding this evening at Turning Stone. I just got an incoming FaceTime call, it connects, and it's just Baye's face on the other end thanking me for being such a huge fan. We only talked for like 30 seconds, but what a great guy.

That is awesome. I remember when my daughter was first considering Syracuse for her college choice and we stopped by the Melo Center. Baye went out of his way to hold the door for my wife and daughter. Great ambassador for SU.

I met Baye at Vinyl in Syracuse a few years back, only guy taller than me at the bar, we chatted it up for a few minutes and wished him luck on the season.

Great guy, bad hands.
You just backhand complimented Keita!

It seems everybody that talks with Baye comes away with the same impression.

I was lucky enough to have had a couple of conversations with him... Awesome kid, and genuinely sincere and humble.

Great story, Eric.

We watched Boeheim's Army a couple of years ago and got to meet the team afterwards. My kids gravitated to Baye and were all over him. He was super charming and genuine. They gave all of the player's cards and Baye told them how he keeps all of the cards he gets from kids in a binder. For as long as I have been a fan, I had never actually met SU players before so I played it far less cool than my kids did.

We didn't get a chance to give the cards to all of the players so one of the BA managers agreed to hand them out. Over the next couple of days, we'd get texts with guys like Lawrence Moten and Hakeem Warrick holding the kids' cards. It was cool.

Thats awesome, that is one more Syracuse player than I have facetimed with.

My 13-year old son facetimes with Moyer and snap chats with Moyer and Gillon now. Moyer went to prep school with a neighbor kid.

EDIT - And no, my son won't give me any intel. And he has known some things in advance of when they were known here. The little punk...:mad:

My 13-year old son facetimes with Moyer and snap chats with Moyer and Gillon now. Moyer went to prep school with a neighbor kid.

EDIT - And no, my son won't give me any intel. And he has known some things in advance of when they were known here. The little punk...:mad:
9c88aff1c0f781cd8a838228604df747.jpg