Most Recent Swoffard Interview: By Clemson at league Baseball Championship | Syracusefan.com

Most Recent Swoffard Interview: By Clemson at league Baseball Championship

Which is why initially when the ACC TV deal was first announced/released a couple/few schools weren't happy and departure rumors/innuendo started. But it seems that innuendo from those schools has died down because they have since been able to really review the deal and all the fine details. It's the media now that seems to keep these rumors alive.

Which is why initially when the ACC TV deal was first announced/released a couple/few schools weren't happy and departure rumors/innuendo started. But it seems that innuendo from those schools has died down because they have since been able to really review the deal and all the fine details. It's the media now that seems to keep these rumors alive.

Exactly, the more I read about the deal the better it sounds. Especially when you consider the 5 year look in and that we get to keep our media rights. Also, the relationship with ESPN is invaluable. As much as people hate it, it is still THE sports network without any real competition.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

This is interesting. The more talk is of the TV contracts the less I am willing to say that any of us truly understand. Now I learn the ACC pays the way for all teams in conference championships. Wow..that can be a big chunk.
http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10633

Shhhh you don't want too many of these facts to get in the way of a good rumor/story.

Exactly, the more I read about the deal the better it sounds. Especially when you consider the 5 year look in and that we get to keep our media rights. Also, the relationship with ESPN is invaluable. As much as people hate it, it is still THE sports network without any real competition.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

No doubt...the look ins I think are great ways to make chnages to the contract as well as the exposure for all ACC sports, not just the big two (football/basketball)...if the contract was with any of the other networks (Fox/CBS/NBC/ABC) you can bet they would only show the big two sports. Fox might show some of the other sports on FoxNetwork but you wouldn't get the national exposure like the ESPNs.

Also, multi-media rights are great as if I understand it, a school could potentially setup streaming for themselves and charge for that if they want. That may not be what they refer to with multi-media rights. But if it is, I would pay SU a monthly/yearly fee to get access to SU sports streamed over the net.

This is interesting. The more talk is of the TV contracts the less I am willing to say that any of us truly understand. Now I learn the ACC pays the way for all teams in conference championships. Wow..that can be a big chunk.
http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10633
He says that the media rights retained by the member schools amounts to 4.5 - 5 million per year per school. Wow - I wonder how much we are making from similar arrangements now. This sounds like the kind of thing Dr Gross drools over.