Most Surprise Ever in Advancing Out of Two Rounds Ever? | Syracusefan.com

Most Surprise Ever in Advancing Out of Two Rounds Ever?

JoeyZ

Walk On
I think this for me is the most surprised going into a two round set to see Syracuse get out of it in my NCAA tournament fandom history. I go back to the late 80's. I'm not sure if I have recency bias or not, but I just spent an hour thinking about and I'm still more shocked to get out of this weekend than ever.

What are your thoughts? Have you ever entered a two game set going into the weekend and been more surprised coming out of it and advancing? I think the only two other contenders could be thew 96 weekend where they beat Kansas and winning the Championship in 03. However, I literally did not think they had a chance this weekend, so for historical purposes, I am most surprised here.

The only other time I think I've been more shocked that compares is GMac's run through the BET.

I think this for me is the most surprised going into a two round set to see Syracuse get out of it in my NCAA tournament fandom history. I go back to the late 80's. I'm not sure if I have recency bias or not, but I just spent an hour thinking about and I'm still more shocked to get out of this weekend than ever.

What are your thoughts? Have you ever entered a two game set going into the weekend and been more surprised coming out of it and advancing? I think the only two other contenders could be thew 96 weekend where they beat Kansas and winning the Championship in 03. However, I literally did not think they had a chance this weekend, so for historical purposes, I am most surprised here.

The only other time I think I've been more shocked that compares is GMac's run through the BET.

This is certainly up there. However, what is surprising to me also is how well our defense is playing right now! "CLAMPS!"

This is such a great question, but I am too distracted to answer it! Off the cuff, I would have to say this up there at the top. Last week we did not even think we were in the tourney. Now, Sweet 16??? I keep tripping over my own jaw!

06 bet is a good candidate. But I'm not sure you need to go back that far. I was more surprised the 13 team won four games than that this team won two. That team hit a possibly even worse run than this year at the end of the regular season, albeit somewhat redeemed by a good bet run.

Now, if this years team keeps winning ...

Isn't this our lowest seed ever in the tournament? So from that perspective I'd say so.

1995-96 jb best coaching job ever to get us in the final 4---imho----today was a great job by jb

This. Watching John Wallace put on his orange cape game after game would be it for me...

Yeah, I could see this like 1996. I could also see us getting blown out each game ... but that was how 96 was for me, completely magical and unexpected.

Ive seen MSU many times this year and saw them struggle many times. Even with our losses I didn't see a team that could get dominated and knew we had a chance against anybody in the bracket.

Wasn't big on Dayton easy for me to pick Cuse. Saw the Sparty matchup and thought our zone would give them trouble and their defense was bad and we could steal a win.

Probable, maybe not but it was possible. To be honest, MSU handed us a gift with our second round matchup. With all due respect to MTSU, we SHOULD be in the sweet 16. We haven't played a team more talented, better coached, or just flat out better than us in the tournament yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom