Most Watched Game SU - Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Most Watched Game SU - Clemson

BVille44

All Conference
Syracuse and Clemson’s thriller in Death Valley outdrew everyone as the most-watched game of the weekend.

The Tigers’ 27-21 victory peaked at nearly 5 million viewers and drew a 2.7 rating, according to Sports Media Watch, which tracks TV ratings through a variety of sources.

The game (4.75 million viewers) outdrew Texas-Oklahoma State (4.46 million) and Iowa-Ohio State (4.38 million) for the top spot.

SU-Clemson was most-watched college football game of the week

Syracuse and Clemson’s thriller in Death Valley outdrew everyone as the most-watched game of the weekend.

The Tigers’ 27-21 victory peaked at nearly 5 million viewers and drew a 2.7 rating, according to Sports Media Watch, which tracks TV ratings through a variety of sources.

The game (4.75 million viewers) outdrew Texas-Oklahoma State (4.46 million) and Iowa-Ohio State (4.38 million) for the top spot.

Our other close games with Clemson also drew monster ratings.

The ACC has something the SEC and B1G do not.

The possibility of matching up powerhouses from the North and the South in conference games.

Most of the credit for this goes to Clemson, who always gets a lot of viewers, but Syracuse remains a big name and a big draw when they have good teams. History means something. Plus, this Syracuse team has a bunch of good players and is just fun to watch play.

I expect the Syracuse-Notre Dame game will also draw very high ratings.

Us taking a lead early and the scoop and score probably helped people switch over, if only to watch a possible upset.

I am sure the scoop and score was a highlight shown on EVERY game being played at noon.

The way they talk so poorly about us, I don’t even want them to come to Cuse
Dude, I feel you. And emotionally I am right there with you, lock step. Like seriously.

But it would be good for the program so I still want it to happen.

The possibility of matching up powerhouses from the North and the South in conference games.

Most of the credit for this goes to Clemson, who always gets a lot of viewers, but Syracuse remains a big name and a big draw when they have good teams. History means something. Plus, this Syracuse team has a bunch of good players and is just fun to watch play.

That's an interesting point - the ACC covers two major viewing regions so the potential audience for football games between a ranked Syracuse team and an ACC blue-blood in the South could be huge.

And it's still being watched. Everytime I turn on the TV the replay is on.

Getting such big ratings can't hurt.

But then why was the OSU blowout over Iowa blasted over 4 screens in the Atlanta airport lounge! Atlanta!, like 150 miles away from Clemson! And the side screens had auto racing and professional paddleball, I had to watch on my tablet!

Great post. Pitt and BC are regional games played annually and I don't expect high ratings for either with 1 already on ACCN and the other likely to go up against OSU Michigan.

But FSU and Wake are having good seasons I have to expect that if we beat Notre Dame and play well the networks are going to be very eager to market the games not just put them in good time slots. There aren't any enormous games those 2 weekends and both of them are having solid seasons will be interesting to see if they get strong ratings on big ABC or wherever they go.

But then why was the OSU blowout over Iowa blasted over 4 screens in the Atlanta airport lounge! Atlanta!, like 150 miles away from Clemson! And the side screens had auto racing and professional paddleball, I had to watch on my tablet!
Most people working service jobs like that for minimal pay don't really care about what game is on TV and even struggle to change the channel when asked.

Dude, I feel you. And emotionally I am right there with you, lock step. Like seriously.

But it would be good for the program so I still want it to happen.
I kind of feel like they would treat it as a big of a joke. Like they're asking Carrie to the prom.

Professional paddleball? Isn't that akin to a combat Tai chi tournament?