Movies you're embarrassed to say you DON'T like | Syracusefan.com

Movies you're embarrassed to say you DON'T like

armory

All American
Some movies are so universally liked people will actually get angry with you if you say you didn't like it. Let's hear em!

Mine: Blazing Saddles.
Sorry, just didn't find it that funny.

Also thought Titanic was sappy, cliche, and the characters were paper thin.

Times change. When I was a kid, Blazzing Saddles was hilarious. I tried to watch it a couple months ago, and stopped 1/2 hour into the movie.

Never liked Titanic.

My picks, off the top of my head - I have never liked Star Wars 1-3.

Some movies are so universally liked people will actually get angry with you if you say you didn't like it. Let's hear em!

I've never seen any of the star wars, star trek, batman, cpt america, anything like that. Not a big fan of fiction I guess... Aliens, and superheroes never did it for me.

I've never seen any of the star wars, star trek, batman, cpt america, anything like that. Not a big fan of fiction I guess... Aliens, and superheroes never did it for me.
Star Wars is part of Americana - give the first 3 (well, two) a chance.

I still consider Aliens one of the scariest films I ever saw. First film (at least in my memory) to show space ships as dirty and dingy behind the scenes, not clean and bright and white.

Goodfellas - I hate maybe the last half of that film, but people tend to get really emotional about hating on any of it.

The Tree of Life; I'm all about art and pretentiousness, but this one goes too far for even me.

Moving away from film for a second, I'll say Adele. I know she is very talented, but in a few years will people ask themselves why they went so gaga over a chubby blonde girl that sings 60s' R & B?

Star Wars is part of Americana - give the first 3 (well, two) a chance.

I still consider Aliens one of the scariest films I ever saw. First film (at least in my memory) to show space ships as dirty and dingy behind the scenes, not clean and bright and white.
I am not a big Comic book movies guy, but the Marvel series ( Iron Man, Thor, Capt. America, the Avengers), are really pretty good.

My picks, off the top of my head - I have never liked Star Wars 1-3.

Noone REALLY likes Star Wars 1-3, they just accept them due to their love of 4-6.

I'll go with "The Fighter".

I love Mickey Ward and his story and was excited to recieve this movie as a birthday gift but I constantly fly right by it when picking out a dvd. The extras and interviews are more entertaining than the movie itself IMHO.

Also as, I've shared prior, Babel did nothing for me.

I'll go with "The Fighter".

I love Mickey Ward and his story and was excited to recieve this movie as a birthday gift but I constantly fly right by it when picking out a dvd. The extras and interviews are more entertaining than the movie itself IMHO.

Also as, I've shared prior, Babel did nothing for me.
Wow. I loved it. To each their own, I guess.

Goodfellas - I hate maybe the last half of that film, but people tend to get really emotional about hating on any of it.

The first part of the film is among the best ever made. The end where Henry goes off the deep end with the paranoia and the drug dealing is not. It really is a tale of two halves.

Wow that is a classic. I could watch it all day on a loop. Titanic was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I have two. Gladiator and Dark Knight. Really hate the whole super hero movie thing once I grew up and I just wasnt impressed with Gladiator at all.

The Firm, for some odd reason I like that movie.

I hate Field of Dreams. I played baseball and college and had teammates that wanted to fight me when i voiced my opinion about that movie. I will say that as a father, and as someone whose father's best days are now behind him, the end of the movie is moving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom