Moyer sighting | Syracusefan.com

Moyer sighting

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Was in Nashville for a work project the past few days. Had to leave my brother’s crib in Green Hills to go to Music Row for an errand. Vandy is in between and basically right next door to Music Row. I’m at a stop light close to my destination and Moyer is crossing the street! I rolled down the window and yelled, “Go Cuse, Moyer!” He turned around, laughed, and gave me a thumbs up. I wished him well also. He looked good and really lean actually.

Last edited:
Was in Nashville for a work project the past few days. Had to leave my brother’s crib in Green Hills to go to Music Row for an errand. Vandy is in between and basically right next door to Music Row. I’m at a stop light close to my destination and Moyer is crossing the street! I rolled down the window and yelled, “Go Cuse, Moyer!” He turned around, laughed, and gave me a thumbs up. I wished him well also. He looked good and really lean actually.

The 1st part is cool but kind of expected because Moyer is just a cool dude. He is going to be well off no matter what he does.

the bold is good to hear because he was just kind a baby fat soft kid who ran funny. hopefully he is doing 2 a days with squats. kid could naturally explosively jump like a kangeroo but seemed to have no muscles in his legs. Just kind of bizarre.

Glad you were cool about it. I shudder to think how that interaction would have gone with some of the more deranged fan base we have.

The 1st part is cool but kind of expected because Moyer is just a cool dude. He is going to be well off no matter what he does.

the bold is good to hear because he was just kind a baby fat soft kid who ran funny. hopefully he is doing 2 a days with squats. kid could naturally explosively jump like a kangeroo but seemed to have no muscles in his legs. Just kind of bizarre.

I didn’t see his athleticism as a problem. It was more that he wasn’t very good at shooting, passing, or dribbling yet, and also wasn’t an inside scorer. Throw that on top of some normal freshman ups and downs.

I think he’s got to develop his offensive skills more than anything. He helped us at times with athleticism and energy.

Glad you were cool about it. I shudder to think how that interaction would have gone with some of the more deranged fan base we have.

That scene never gets old, ha!

I didn’t see his athleticism as a problem. It was more that he wasn’t very good at shooting, passing, or dribbling yet, and also wasn’t an inside scorer. Throw that on top of some normal freshman ups and downs.

I think he’s got to develop his offensive skills more than anything. He helped us at times with athleticism and energy.

Agreed. He’s bouncy and such but maybe not fluid? Even him moving side to side/laterally in the zone looked awkward. But, yes, he needs to develop something to offer on offense.

Agreed. He’s bouncy and such but maybe not fluid? Even him moving side to side/laterally in the zone looked awkward. But, yes, he needs to develop something to offer on offense.

Yup. He had a couple good games(UConn stands out) as a garbage man type scorer. But most of the time we were playing short handed on offense when he was in there.

Garbage man role would fit better if he’s on the court with 4 other good offensive players though. We didn’t really need a garbage man with that team, we needed a guy who could do something with the ball, which made Marek the better option as he could at least pass and by the end of the year showed he could shoot a bit.

Guys we’re jumping over him, great kid, smart and bright future, but u d not put the work in and u r not a freak athlete, well we saw it all season, just not a good enough athlete and/or motor and he knew it, not saying it in bad way, wasn’t good enough, not a bad thing it is what it is.

I said he could jump like a kangaroo yet looking like an absolute goofball on the court. I certainly didn’t question his athleticism.

he left b/c he knew he wouldn't see the court, not b/c of his grades

I generally don't care how players do once they leave the team. No grudge, just don't care. However, Moyer is a different story. I hate how things went down.