Mr. Boots is St. John's Bound | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mr. Boots is St. John's Bound

This is great - congrats to him.

My 12 yo son fancies himself a pitcher because he doesn't walk people and I'm like keep hitting because you are never gonna throw like kids like this

Have to imagine you made some pretty big sacrifices for him to get to this point - all the hotels and weekends away etc

Was on their campus yesterday, it's come a long way (minus losing JPODs, Gantrys and The Sly Fox).

Congrats!

This is great - congrats to him.

My 12 yo son fancies himself a pitcher because he doesn't walk people and I'm like keep hitting because you are never gonna throw like kids like this

Have to imagine you made some pretty big sacrifices for him to get to this point - all the hotels and weekends away etc
Absolutely killed my golf game! But also completely worth it!!!

When little league was done he wanted to keep playing so I reached out to a friend Greg who pitched in the minors for a long time and is a pitching coach at a local travel team SportsZone. He went to the park and Jed loved working with Greg so even though it was $2K+ for the travel team we just made it work and I used points for hotels so we were not usually at the team hotel but Jed never complained and appreciated everything. By the way, I never thought it was anything more than for that year's fun / training. I always thought that when parents told me it was an investment in the future that most of them were either bad ay math or delusional.

He was always on the B-team (all parents think their kid should be on the A team - I was no different) but he loved playing and practice and then throwing with me. He was a late bloomer too so there was no guarantee he would play after high school even though he was sure he would so he kept training and lifting. After every season I asked if he still was having fun and if he still wanted to play and the answer was always yes.

He would play on any team, any age group that he could. He once brought the wrong jersey to a 16U game and I asked my wife to bring his yellow jersey, she brought 5 yellow jerseys and it was still a different one at home.

But do npt undervalue how important it is to throw strikes!! When Jed went in the portal all coaches brought up his low walks. He had just 7 laat year. And speed can come with mechanocs and working out!! Most kids CANNOT throw strikes consistently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom