MTSU Prediction Thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

MTSU Prediction Thread...

45-14 Orange.

It won't feel that close.

It won't be. Football is a week to week game, but if Vandy was able to move the ball like they did, I can see a more efficient offense that runs at the pace Babers' does inflicting more damage.

I don't have an exact score, but I see Syracuse obliterating the spread.

Not sure why so many people thinks losing to Vanderbilt is a sure sign that MTSU sucks. I've read a lot of "if Vanderbilt can handle them, then we should be able to easily" kind of stuff. MTSU had a dangerous team last year, and got destroyed by Vandy. They played much closer this year. If you look at what Vandy has from a talent standpoint, they recruit on our level. Although this year they've already got commits from 5 4 star players, but that's beside the point. Vandy finished 6-7 last year, went bowling, and beat Ole Miss, Georgia, and Tennessee. I'm sure if we beat any one of those schools, even in a down year, we'd be dancing in the streets saying we're back. So while MTSU did not look impressive in week 1 (a lot of good teams don't in week 1 by the way), I'm not so sure we're even as good as Vanderbilt yet. Don't expect an easy win at all.

34-31 cuse

Last edited:
Not sure why so many people thinks losing to Vanderbilt is a sure sign that MTSU sucks. I've read a lot of "if Vanderbilt can handle them, then we should be able to easily" kind of stuff. MTSU had a dangerous team last year, and got destroyed by Vandy. They played much closer this year. If you look at what Vandy has from a talent standpoint, they recruit on our level. Although this year they've already got commits from 5 4 star players, but that's beside the point. Vandy finished 6-7 last year, went bowling, and beat Ole Miss, Georgia, and Tennessee. I'm sure if we beat any one of those schools, even in a down year, we'd be dancing in the streets saying we're back. So while MTSU did not look impressive in week 1 (a lot of good teams don't in week 1 by the way), I'm not so sure we're even as good as Vanderbilt yet. Don't expect an easy win at all.

I agree with you, although Vandy went very conservative once they were up 28-0, they just settled for running the ball, and Shafer's D is set up to stop it, which it did. I don't think it is an easy game at all, I don't think we will have an easy game the rest of the year. However, we should win the game, and we need to win it. Assuming Shafer will do what Shafer always does, we have no excuse to not be able to put up a ton of points with all the one on ones we should have. Vandy was worse than us last year when it came to sacks, and they got to the kid 5 times last week, hoping we can do the same tomorrow

Bump
WTDnnwE.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom