Mularkey's back, there's hope for Marrone yet! ** | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mularkey's back, there's hope for Marrone yet! **

He tried to use what leverage he had, the $4M parachute clause, to improve his situation there. He also thought he had chance at some other openings. Worse case he gets a paid vacation for a year.

Buffalo didn't want to deal, probably didn't think he was serious, and he exercised his rights.

He was just doing business, he didn't want his fate tied to EJ, the whims of Doug Whaley, and some potential "football czar".

A lot more to it than he just quit.
yeah, he QUIT.

you know that boat called the Titanic??? it SANK.

go ahead and place blame all over the map...it SANK.

marrone QUIT.

that is all any GM and Owner need to know...he QUIT.

im sure he will make a big play to get a job at tennessee...as OL coach.

thats all hes qualified to do.

heres to hoping their new HC is a friend of his.

The offense under Rex Ryan is already better than it ever was under supposed offensive-minded Marrone.

And I have yet to see any mind-blowing game management goofs from Ryan that Marrone was known for.

He walked away from an owner who was willing to spend as much as possible to put a winning product on the field. Smart move, Dougie.

Unless you know what was being negotiated and what the concerns were you have no grounds to assess it what kind of move it was.

9-7. We'll see what Rex does after adding a pro bowl running back and a pro bowl offensive lineman. You are what your record says you are. The Jets are really hurting since Rex left. :rolling:

My kingdom for a glimpse at Kaiser's work history. I hope he has never found it necessary, or dare I say advantageous, to quit a job.

The offense under Rex Ryan is already better than it ever was under supposed offensive-minded Marrone.

And I have yet to see any mind-blowing game management goofs from Ryan that Marrone was known for.

He walked away from an owner who was willing to spend as much as possible to put a winning product on the field. Smart move, Dougie.

How many times were the Bills sub .500 last year? Oh that's right, never.

Better win Sunday or they are heading for 3-7 and 1-4 in the division before you know it.

9-7. We'll see what Rex does after adding a pro bowl running back and a pro bowl offensive lineman. You are what your record says you are. The Jets are really hurting since Rex left. :rolling:
Yeah I'm sure adding Revis, Cromartie, Skrine, Marshall and Fitzpatrick has nothing at all to do with the Jets vaunted 4-3 record. It's all about Bowles' genius - like Sunday punting with 3:30 left down two touchdowns.

Better win Sunday or they are heading for 3-7 and 1-4 in the division before you know it.
I must have missed the banner they put up at the Ralph for "Never Had a Sub .500 Record".

Thank God Jim Schwartz was available in 2014.

the Bills 9-7 record is 8-8 due to the Patriots using the 16th game as a scrimmage. I was there, it was laughable how little they game planned for that one as well as using Garoppolo throughout.

I agree that Rex Ryan is an atrocious coach. It's looking more and more like they just added lipstick on a pig in Buffalo.

He walked away from an owner who believed Rex Ryan was an upgrade. To me , it sounds like a smart move by Doug, especially considering the 4 million of said owners dollars that he took with him.
It might be a year or two but I think Doug will get another chance as an NFL head coach and I think he'll turn out to be the winner in that situation

The Tennessee job was always the one that Marrone was targeting after he got squeezed by the Jets last year. I would say he will have a great shot at that one unless the Titans shoot higher. If they shoot safe Marrone is prob the guy.
I think they go hard after Chip Kelly this offseason.

My kingdom for a glimpse at Kaiser's work history. I hope he has never found it necessary, or dare I say advantageous, to quit a job.
what does that have to do with being a HC in the NFL???

1 of the only 32 jobs on the freakin planet??

and while ive quit, it was always to keep on the way up the ladder.

not for a severence, a subsequent paycut, to take 2 steps backward, to burn a bridge and to spit in the face of ultimately the same people who will be the ones to hire me again for the same position...which happens to be the ABSOLUTE TOP of my profession...that i had just QUIT.

please, whats happening to this place???...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom