Mulligan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mulligan

The past is the past. Young teams can improve. This game will dictate the remainder of the season IMO. Either we will have cleaned up the issues, or were going to see them continue to play out the rest of the year.

NC State didn't look good against FSU at all. I was just simply pointing out that we have plenty of reasons why we could lose the next four. Lot of toss up games in our future, clearly this coaching staff will get us going in the right direction, to many uncontrollables for my liking right now.
Not sure how that is "bonkers amount of hand-wringing" on my part.

We could lose out. You are 100% right. Not a lot of room for error regardless. We could probably also win 6 of 7.

The amount of handwringing after a 41-3 game is bonkers. Imagine being a PITT fan this week. Or BC after Kansas.

I get the OL is not great. But I’d find N.C. State vs WVU or FSU on YouTube. They have problems of their own.

You’re not this naive. Wait, you really aren’t this naive right?

You know the handwringing isn’t because of a 41-3 win, stop being so ridiculous on every post every game.

The amount of handwringing after a 41-3 game is bonkers. Imagine being a PITT fan this week. Or BC after Kansas.

I get the OL is not great. But I’d find N.C. State vs WVU or FSU on YouTube. They have problems of their own.

More concerned about our 63-20 destruction to the team that just lost 59-0.

NC State didn't look good against FSU at all. I was just simply pointing out that we have plenty of reasons why we could lose the next four. Lot of toss up games in our future, clearly this coaching staff will get us going in the right direction, to many uncontrollables for my liking right now.

Yeah - I was a little harsh. This season has got me on edge.

I think we agree, actually. The truth is everyone is recalibrating their expectations and those prone to worry are jumping off a cliff (not you). I don't think we're doomed, but clearly this year is not last year in terms of polish and OL cohesion, etc.

I'm trying to put myself back into last years mindset: "we have the chance to win every game on the schedule and that's a fun place to be"... Rather than "we should be destroying teams because it's the 90's again"

More concerned about our 63-20 destruction to the team that just lost 59-0.

That's one data point in a bunch. We had a bad game, while they had a good one. Happens every week in CFB.

Truth is they are ranked #45 and we're #65 based on all the games and all the data in the SP+... That's probably about right perception-wise too.

Yeah - I was a little harsh. This season has got me on edge.

I think we agree, actually. The truth is everyone is recalibrating their expectations and those prone to worry are jumping off a cliff (not you). I don't think we're doomed, but clearly this year is not last year in terms of polish and OL cohesion, etc.

I'm trying to put myself back into last years mindset: "we have the chance to win every game on the schedule and that's a fun place to be"... Rather than "we should be destroying teams because it's the 90's again"
The "rebuild" caught people off guard (including myself). We figured we would plug and play with our new pieces with out much of a bump in the road. I just keep telling myself we are only -1 game so far from where most thought we would be.

Wake is ranked. If we played this week they would be favored by a Bit and would certainly cover.

Yeah I know. In the preseason based on where we were and where they were I was thinking a fan at home vs them was a likely win. Obviously it looks different now

Sure. But I think we have a better QB than any of our remaining opponents do. And pieces from a 10 win team.

MD already has 2 ugly losses just like us.

We'll know where we stand after NC St. If the D doesn't get humiliated like they did vs them in the Dome last year I think we are winning most/all of the last 6. If their assbag QB has his way with us you might be right.

Sure. But I think we have a better QB than any of our remaining opponents do. And pieces from a 10 win team.

MD already has 2 ugly losses just like us.

We'll know where we stand after NC St. If the D doesn't get humiliated like they did vs them in the Dome last year I think we are winning most/all of the last 6. If their assbag QB has his way with us you might be right.
NC St QB is awful, my biggest concern against them is the amount of pressure their Dline can generate.
I think Newman is playing at a higher level then Tommy is right now but other then that our QB is better if given time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom