Multi-position flexibility | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Multi-position flexibility

Good post, have to think there's a grad Forward out there who wants to go to Newhouse for a year. Someone who wouldn't mind playing 10-15 mins/game at most.

I think another big key will be how Carey and Hughes do filling in for Tyus on DEFENSE. Considering Hughes has a year under his belt, I think that bodes well. Our defense was very solid (for the most part) all season, and we have 4 main guys back from that defense.

Our defense was close to elite and probably one of the 5 best in the country not just 'solid (for the most part)' I think everyone being a year older will improve the D more than losing Tyus will hurt it. Carey will lose a lot of minutes to Buddy and Hughes if he isn't up to speed on his rotations.

I just hope we add a traditional transfer front court player this offseason.

I get the market for HS recruits is thin and we don’t want a grad transfer but atleast find a Chukwu/Hughes type forward we can stash and help ease recruiting for this summer.

I just hope we add a traditional transfer front court player this offseason.

I get the market for HS recruits is thin and we don’t want a grad transfer but atleast find a Chukwu/Hughes type forward we can stash and help ease recruiting for this summer.

Can we get a Chukwu that can catch, dunk, and shoot...

The 2017-18 team probably doesn't see .500 without his defense and rebounding and minutes anchoring the back of the zone.

It seems like all the good transfers right now are guards.

Which sucks. We should follow every forward/center who announces a transfer.

giphy.gif

Our defense was close to elite and probably one of the 5 best in the country not just 'solid (for the most part)' I think everyone being a year older will improve the D more than losing Tyus will hurt it. Carey will lose a lot of minutes to Buddy and Hughes if he isn't up to speed on his rotations.
Carey will easily pick up rotations. I feel forwards have harder rotations than guards. Carey is also really athletic so when he does screw up, he is a fresh, his athletic ability will fix most of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom