Music played in the Dome during basketball games | Syracusefan.com

Music played in the Dome during basketball games

0323182330-620x349.jpg

I'm pretty sure back in the 80s when I was in school the band would play this song during basketball game breaks:

Can anyone confirm? Any other great songs anyone knows?
Still the best stadium song.

This is awesome. We refer to these as CuseHoopsBeats (one word, please), by the way. Some of them are great throwbacks I haven't heard in years. They must have ditched We're Not Gonna Take It sometime around 2003, and I think Superstar might have hung on a little past that. I have no memory of Sour Sitrus playing You Can Call Me Al, though. My chief college basketball association with that song is that Florida's band used to play it for Al Horford back during that brief time they had a basketball team.

The team used to run onto the court in Manley (and early in the Dome?) for layup drills to this song. It's all I can think of whenever I hear this song - Bouie, Orr, Shackleford, Moss, Bruin, Santifer, et al.

Good times.

"But it's alright" by JJ Jackson made Manley Fieldhouse come alive

While Sweet D drifted into the paint to do his Globetrotters routine. Couldn't beat that.

By the way Doug, I saw a mention of you in the SU alumni magazine. Congrats on the retirement!

When the new sound system is in place we'll need some new music to go with it maybe try something from this century.

heard they're gonna be adding this, but only when JB deploys the famed trunkmonkey press