My 2 cents of prediction/rationalization | Syracusefan.com

My 2 cents of prediction/rationalization

Timonen

All Conference
If this was a slam dunk decision either direction, it would have been made yesterday afternoon. The fact that it's taking some time means there are likely good arguments on both sides. Makes me think it could lead to the kangaroo-court equivalent of a hung jury with the punishment equivalence of "time served and probation."

Unfortunately, betting against what I think it usually smart.

Maybe a decision had been made and James is keeping it quiet. Not sure university would comment on academic issues. Would not shock me to see James run out of tunnel in uniform tomorrow.

Maybe a decision had been made and James is keeping it quiet. Not sure university would comment on academic issues. Would not shock me to see James run out of tunnel in uniform tomorrow.

Just posted similar thought in a different thread...prior to seeing this. :)

I hope you are right.

I'd like to see James back in the lineup. But it won't happen this way. Such a triumphant return would represent thumbing one's nose at the school's judicial process. No way JB would allow that.

Somebody was saying last night that he was seen hugging one of the walk ons before practice. Don't know what that means and or if its true, I'm assuming it would be a positive though.

I can't fathom that a decision wouldn't have been leaked from one side or the other. The absolute quiet makes me think it's still pending.

maybe the decision meant he had to do something else to prove something.

Seriously--what could possibly be taking so long?

Conduct the hearing, review the evidence, deliberate, reach a decision.

hung jury...no decision and no tie breaker...will review case at end of March...What 'Cuse shoots self out of 3's...kidding,kidding

The hearing board has an odd number of voting members to prevent hung juries.

Exactly. I don't get it. Must be the mounds of evidence to go over and persons involved to bring in and question. :crazy:

They don't want St. Johns to know until the last minute either way.

Run decision by the NCAA.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

If thats the case then the decision must have been to my liking or there wouldn't be a reason to run it by them.

Which sounds like its a win (so far) in my book.

Why would they have to run it by them if he was declared in eligible.

Which sounds like its a win (so far) in my book.

Why would they have to run it by them if he was declared in eligible.

They wouldn't if he lost. Just saying this is a possibility.

They wouldn't if he lost. Just saying this is a possibility.

Interesting point, bees.

Which is ridiculous. They find something, say it's a school matter, that it should be heard and handled through the school, yet they want to be in on the decision? What? Who the F is in charge here? Total BS.

They don't want to look like they're accommodating the athletic dept. so they'll wait until Monday if they are going to reinstate him so he'll miss Sunday's game.

Which is ridiculous. They find something, say it's a school matter, that it should be heard and handled through the school, yet they want to be in on the decision? What? Who the F is in charge here? Total BS.

Who said they asked to be in on the decision

Who said they asked to be in on the decision

Well if they don't have something to say, then why run it by them? What if SU says 'We ruled this way based on this evidence' and then the NCAA says 'not so fast, my friend'. Wouldn't they then be involved in the decision? If the NCAA turned it over to the school, the school should be able to rule and be done with it. Fax the results to the NCAA and say "have a nice day, fellas."