My Angry Thoughts... | Syracusefan.com

My Angry Thoughts...

SaintTristan

Starter
1. How does Rutgers have such superior skill position guys?

2. That hit in the 1Q notwithstanding, we hit like pussies and have all season.

3. Not Nassib's best game (maybe his worst since winning the job), but why did we throw the ball in the 4Q at 4-10? That was just stupid. Stupid. Stupid. you dont get the first down and they have 30 seconds to go 30 yards.

4. Prediction - if Marrone wasnt an SU grad everyone would be calling for his head. This is not a well coached team. Special teams is about coaching and our special teams were scary. There is just no excuse. In two yrs the ACC is going to eat our lunch, puke it out and eat it again for fun.

I'd deeply disappointed in you. You didn't mention lacking the courage to say, let's line up and get 6 inches in O.T..

2. That hit in the 1Q notwithstanding, we hit like pussies and have all season.

Hmmm... I didn't see it that way. Rutgers had 5 rushing yards the entire game. They averaged 0.1 yards per rush. I thought we were as physical on D as we have been all year.

I'd deeply disappointed in you. You didn't mention lacking the courage to say, let's line up and get 6 inches in O.T..

I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one - that he saw something that wasnt apparent on TV.

The only reason Marrone seems to be doing better than GROB is because the BE was much better when GROB was here.

No. They actually have a better staff. G-rob had no ideea what he was doing. Complete failure.

I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one - that he saw something that wasnt apparent on TV.

The only reason Marrone seems to be doing better than GROB is because the BE was much better when GROB was here.

I want to not agree with this, and I don't fully yet, but it's starting to feel right.

Prediction - if Marrone wasnt an SU grad everyone would be calling for his head.
I wouldn't take it that far, but I do think he'd be feeling a lot more heat.

OK, there were a couple of questionable plays. But they only become questionable because we weren't able to execute them. In fact, a couple were really worst case scenario which is really low percentage. If executed, none of this would be talked about. The problem isn't the play calling, it's players being able to make the plays called. Increasing the level of telent makes these problems go away, and that takes time.

Syracuse dropped 7 would-be interceptions. 7.

That's as much a story as the coaches' failings today.

lol... You are a gem!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom