My biggest concern for saturday | Syracusefan.com

My biggest concern for saturday

Tornado91

Walk On
I'm most concerned that practice was closed to hide injuries to Anderson and Lyn. If they're out, desir and reddish will be left alone on an edge, and neither will have an easy time with rutgers' tall receivers. We saw what can happen with inexperience back there at USC - it would be a major weakness for monkeyface to exploit.

Really the inexperience at USC showed at the safety position. In fact the backup safeties have been leaving a bit to be desired this year.

I was referring to the long TD over reddish a few plays after he went in.

Trying to remember, but if memory serves Wilkes was also in at safety (#28) and from the looks of it had coverage overtop on that play. At the snap they were in a two-deep and Wilkes got sucked into the middle of the field on the TE (think?) crossing route. But I hear you.

It all comes down to whether or blitz packages are working to put hits on Dodd.

I'm hoping DM has used injuries as a cover for changes they're making to exploit weaknesses they've seen in Rutgers film. Even though Rutgers has a lot of sacks this year, their pass defense isn't great. They must have significant issues in the secondary for both of those things to be true. Nassib has played smart so far and could have a good day if they can find a way to keep Rutgers pressure manageable.

we need to score 30 to win. My prediction was a blow out victory until i heard about our injuries. I still think we win by 10