My bowl prediction | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My bowl prediction

The Sun Bowl is great because locals go. So, it’s great for a school that doesn’t/won’t travel due to whatever reason. It’s just not super for the fans of said school.

Palm has BC in the Sun Bowl vs. Stanford

I’m hoping for Belk. Short flight, decent weather even in winter, lots of upstate NY transplants living there...should be a chance to get a decent Orange crowd which always looks good for the program.

{snip}
Where that puts us in terms of the pecking order vs the Coastal, I don't know. But I know a W next week puts us in the driver's seat.
Does our finish matter after the Peach Bowl? LIke if we slot for Pinstripe are they really gonna put us there a month later? I would love penn st (or Ohio State)/Syracuse pinstripe but i’m not holding my breath
There is no “pecking order” or “slotting” based on W-L records. The Orange Bowl must take the ACC champs if they’re not in the playoffs. For the other bowls, and the OB if the champs go to the playoffs, it’s the Wild West, with only the “within 1-win” rule applying. (You can’t take a 6-win team over an 8-win team.)

FWIW, CFN has UVa in the Pinstripe vs. Purdue.

This year Clemson is most likely in playoff with semi-finals in either Cotton or Orange. If Clemson screws the pooch in reg season but still wins ACC title they'd end up in Peach or Fiesta bowl Clemson losing in ACC title game could give ACC two bids in the upper echelon bowls. The upset coastal champ would go Peach or Fiesta and Clemson would probably still be an at large team. Everyone else in the ACC moves up a notch in that scenario. After that it goes as follows:

Camping World Bowl
The Camping World Bowl has the first pick of an ACC team after the CFP and New Year’s Six Bowls are filled

Tier One Bowls (all equal selection status) I take this to mean these four make deals and trade offs with each other. I think SU wins enough ACC games to end up in on of these four games.
  • Belk Bowl
  • Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl or TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
  • New Era Pinstripe Bowl
  • Hyundai Sun Bowl
5. Additional Bowls (up to five selections, listed in selection order) If SU ends up in this group, they'll probably be in the military bowl.

• Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
  • Walk-On’s Independence Bowl
  • Quick Lane Bowl
  • Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl or Heart of Dallas Bowl
  • Birmingham Bowl

2018-19 ACC Bowl Affiliations

This year Clemson is most likely in playoff with semi-finals in either Cotton or Orange. If Clemson screws the pooch in reg season but still wins ACC title they'd end up in Peach or Fiesta bowl Clemson losing in ACC title game could give ACC two bids in the upper echelon bowls. The upset coastal champ would go Peach or Fiesta and Clemson would probably still be an at large team. Everyone else in the ACC moves up a notch in that scenario. After that it goes as follows:

Camping World Bowl
The Camping World Bowl has the first pick of an ACC team after the CFP and New Year’s Six Bowls are filled

Tier One Bowls (all equal selection status) I take this to mean these four make deals and trade offs with each other. I think SU wins enough ACC games to end up in on of these four games.
  • Belk Bowl
  • Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl or TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
  • New Era Pinstripe Bowl
  • Hyundai Sun Bowl
5. Additional Bowls (up to five selections, listed in selection order) If SU ends up in this group, they'll probably be in the military bowl.

• Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
  • Walk-On’s Independence Bowl
  • Quick Lane Bowl
  • Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl or Heart of Dallas Bowl
  • Birmingham Bowl

2018-19 ACC Bowl Affiliations
I’m pulling for #1 Pinstripe (school will actually make money on this bowl), #2 Music City (I’ll go for cheap), #3 Military Bowl (I might be able to go for cheap), and #4 Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl (that name is shamelessly fantastic)

I’m pulling for #1 Pinstripe (school will actually make money on this bowl), #2 Music City (I’ll go for cheap), #3 Military Bowl (I might be able to go for cheap), and #4 Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl (that name is shamelessly fantastic)
It was the Poulan/Weed Eater Independence Bowl when UVa went.

Put me down for what ever Bowl is played in a warm climate... or the pinstripe bowl if it’s north of the warm air

Oh wow. Sun Bowl is driving distance for me. my son went to USC. That would be an awesome bowl game for me. USC will have 3x as many fans as we will though.

Oh wow. Sun Bowl is driving distance for me. my son went to USC. That would be an awesome bowl game for me. USC will have 3x as many fans as we will though.

So a majority of the fans leaving the game will be upset. I like it. :):)

Sun Bowl vs. USC would be pretty dreamy for me.

Sun Bowl vs. USC would be pretty dreamy for me.

Id love nothing more than to have my move to Houston, TX be rewarded by a bowl game in TX playing against the team I moved away from (twice) .

Syracuse can beat USC. Latest ESPN has SU in Pinstripe against either Sparty or Maryland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom