My Easter/Passover message | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Easter/Passover message

At this time of year of redemption and hope and promise and all good things, I find it a bit disconcerting to come here and read nothing but posts by adults obsessing over where some 18-year-old will go to school.

Twelve years ago, this board was even more in chaos regarding Julius Hodge. Well, he didn't come here, and it turned out for the better.

Take a deep breath. Enjoy Easter and/or Passover (I celebrate both), and be thankful for what we have.

May you all have joyous holidays ... with your loved ones -- and free from obsessions about the last-minute whim of a teenager that most of us have never met.

Thank you for your message and happy holidays to you. My kids searched for the afikoman last night and hunted for eggs this morning!

Abject lack of manners.

My take - when someone throws out a random unusual fact about themselves, asking a follow-up question isn't rude. If you feel it is rude, you should be equally critical of CTO for randomly throwing out that she celebrates both Easter and Passover - her post would have lost none of the context if it wasn't there. Putting that statement in and then complaining when people ask for follow-up is intentionally setting people up, and 1000X worse than asking for clarification.

Not saying that's what CTO did...just tired of people finding a reason to get offended.

My take - when someone throws out a random unusual fact about themselves, asking a follow-up question isn't rude. If you feel it is rude, you should be equally critical of CTO for randomly throwing out that she celebrates both Easter and Passover - her post would have lost none of the context if it wasn't there. Putting that statement in and then complaining when people ask for follow-up is intentionally setting people up, and 1000X worse than asking for clarification.

Not saying that's what CTO did...just tired of people finding a reason to get offended.
Yikes... I am sorry if anyone was offended by my OP or by my response as to why I celebrate both holidays. No offense intended to anyone. I just love this time of year ... and all that it represents. I am sorry if that did not come through. And, by the way, I have an additional reason to celebrate this evening: as a really bad left-handed golfer, GO BUBBA WATSON.

I’m not and never was offended on this, nor am I complaining. What don’t you get about a statement of fact!

Sorry CTO --I was typing when you posted. I stand on my original post however.

Yikes... I am sorry if anyone was offended by my OP or by my response as to why I celebrate both holidays. No offense intended to anyone. I just love this time of year ... and all that it represents. I am sorry if that did not come through. And, by the way, I have an additional reason to celebrate this evening: as a really bad left-handed golfer, GO BUBBA WATSON.

Kudos to all Lefty golfers!!

I’m not and never was offended on this, nor am I complaining. What don’t you get about a statement of fact!

Sorry CTO --I was typing when you posted. I stand on my original post however.

So you are OK with people offering up random unusual facts about themselves, but believe it is poor manners for anyone to ask them for clarification on it? That's a fairly idiotic position to take...

If you don't want questions about your personal life, don't post about it. once you do, respectful questions become fair game. Period. alaskaSU did nothing wrong

So you are OK with people offering up random unusual facts about themselves, but believe it is poor manners for anyone to ask them for clarification on it? That's a fairly idiotic position to take...

If you don't want questions about your personal life, don't post about it. once you do, respectful questions become fair game. Period. alaskaSU did nothing wrong
I did not say he did. Why am I being apologetic? Happy holidays (all of them) to all. (PS.. you obviously do not know me. I am sort of Pollyanna around here. For better or worse, the last thing I want to do is offend anyone).

Gentleman(and apparently there is a lady on the board too...I had no idea! lol), there is nothing wrong with someone asking an innocent question. This overly politically correct environment that is propagated nonstop by the media is not the optimal environment for growth and progress.

Happy Easter and Passover to all, and if you don't celebrate either of them, have a happy day as well. Redemption is a big theme in my mind, which is one of the reasons Lost was one of the few shows I watched in the last decade. It's amazing how little mankind realizes about the working of the mind and why redemption is such an important thing, regardless of one's beliefs.

Gentleman(and apparently there is a lady on the board too...I had no idea! lol), there is nothing wrong with someone asking an innocent question. This overly politically correct environment that is propagated nonstop by the media is not the optimal environment for growth and progress.

Happy Easter and Passover to all, and if you don't celebrate either of them, have a happy day as well. Redemption is a big theme in my mind, which is one of the reasons Lost was one of the few shows I watched in the last decade. It's amazing how little mankind realizes about the working of the mind and why redemption is such an important thing, regardless of one's beliefs.
Yes indeed.

Retrospect is a wonderful thing. I am sorry that I over reacted. My bad Alaska I will try to keep a lid on it.
R

Unsolicited

I did not say he did. Why am I being apologetic? Happy holidays (all of them) to all. (PS.. you obviously do not know me. I am sort of Pollyanna around here. For better or worse, the last thing I want to do is offend anyone).

I had never heard the term "Pollyanna" before...On another note, I baked Passover muffins yesterday. This was really the first time I baked something (from scratch) entirely by myself yesterday and they came out very well. If anyone wants the recipe, please let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom