My expectations and when we know we have turned it around | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My expectations and when we know we have turned it around

Yeah but specialty kick dude. Dozens of threads and hundreds of posts, still haven't seen the stats on specialty kicks...just sayin.
I agree...but I have no evidence we have a kicker and team capable of executing one. Hopefully Coach Lustig can fix that.

I agree...but I have no evidence we have a kicker and team capable of executing one. Hopefully Coach Lustig can fix that.

Most teams don't. If you're relying on the oblong ball to bounce your way, then you're basically relying on luck.

We're probably going to be in a lot of close games the rest of the year. We need to be really careful about using 2nd half timeouts.

C'mon Mark, that was my Babers-homer-joke post of the day. Honestly didn't know 'specialty' kick was a thing until he said it in the PC. Rings the alternative facts bell to me.

I think we also have to hope that Dino can win 1-2 games where he punches above his talent weight too. Great coaches IMO find a way to win games where they had no business winning. I'm just hoping we get to a 5-6 range before talent can win us games again.

I know Dino is the right guy for the program. I'm not wavering on this. BUT, I want to see him win a few What games before the talent catches up.
Well, he has already won one.

Just quibbling a bit...yes basically that is correct but lots of variables. Make no doubt Cuse's chance for victory was at 1-2% at best when they kicked off. If you kick off long. At most you would want NCSt to run no more than 5-6 plays. Hopefully you get a 3 and out and maybe they have a run OOB or an incomplete pass so you save a timeout. Cuse still would have to score, get two point play (their second one) and win in OT.

An on sides kick most likely would give you a ball somewhere around the 43-47 Cuse yard line. Why I hated it...was I have seen no evidence we have a kicker/team capable to execute one. I'd rather roll the dice kicking long.

Yeah - that's all fair game

C'mon Mark, that was my Babers-homer-joke post of the day. Honestly didn't know 'specialty' kick was a thing until he said it in the PC. Rings the alternative facts bell to me.

Maybe he doesn't like the word pooch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom