My guess into the conversation between JB and Keatts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My guess into the conversation between JB and Keatts

anyone know this guy? he's got the goods.
View attachment 225086
7bb0pk.jpg

NC State shot 34 3-pointers and thinks they should've drawn more calls?? They played mid-major ball all night.

The two worst calls / no-calls of the night both went in NC State's favor. JGIII did get hammered (I rewinded it back and he got hit hard) on the elbow on that 3-pointer he and Boeheim complained about (instead of getting 3 free throws, NC State got an easy hoop instead.. 5-point swing in NC State's favor). And JGIII got smacked in the nose which caused us to be lost at midcourt and turn it over followed by the charge call that Keatts cried about.

Last edited:
Keatts: “where the hell can I get a good biscuit and grits around here?”

Boeheim: “Biscuit and grits? The hell? There might be a Cracker Barrel out in the suburbs. Why don’t you just eat some home fries?”

Keatts: “Do you get those at McDonalds?”

Boeheim: “Get off my floor. My name is on it. See?”

According to a guy who does an NCSt podcast, Keets was complaining to JB about a ref named Bert Smith who made both “controversial” calls against them. The Burns 5th foul and a call on another NCSt player that sent Jesse to the foul line late. NCSt has 7 loses and Smith has reffed 4 of the loses and was involved in some controversial calls when they lost to UNC.
The 5th foul had ZERO controversy. If the Philly defense hit like that, they’d be SB champs.

If you see Syracuse down the stretch in the tournament what is one thing you’ll try to do better next game?
Nothing.

Yikes. If he thought there was nothing they could do better?? How about the fact Jesse walked in to a baby hook and-1?

If you see Syracuse down the stretch in the tournament what is one thing you’ll try to do better next game?
Nothing.

Yikes. If he thought there was nothing they could do better?? How about the fact Jesse walked in to a baby hook and-1?
Disrespectful goofball stuff.

He sucks and so does his program.

Nobody will remember who he is in 10 years.

Disrespectful goofball stuff.

He sucks and so does his program.

Nobody will remember who he is in 10 years.
Would have been fired after this yr had they not have had a good season

NC State shot 34 3-pointers and thinks they should've drawn more calls?? They played mid-major ball all night.

The two worst calls / no-calls of the night both went in NC State's favor. JGIII did get hammered (I rewinded it back and he got hit hard) on the elbow on that 3-pointer he and Boeheim complained about (instead of getting 3 free throws, NC State got an easy hoop instead.. 5-point swing in NC State's favor). And JGIII got smacked in the nose which caused us to be lost at midcourt and turn it over followed by the charge call that Keatts cried about.

I forgot about the 3 pointer. That’s 5 potential points with Joe at the foul line.

Looked like Keatts was complaining about something, probably refs, and JB was complaining about the same thing, in turn. Like an emphatic, “yeah, I agree they suck, they screwed us a bunch” type thing. IDK if it was about refs or what, obviously, but something along those lines. Like if somebody is blaming being late on traffic and you don’t want to hear it because you had to sit in traffic too.

Thank god they smiled at the end of the exchange, or else we’d have dippy dumdums making it into a big thing.
Dippy dumdums already made it into a thing on Twitter, mostly whiny NC State fans. Everyone wants to hate JB these days. I’m glad JB pushed back on what Keatts said. He’s still feisty.

If true, refs sure don’t like being called out like that. Wonder who the ACC directive was aimed at telling coaches to not complain about officials? Both Pastner and now Keating have both indirectly done just that right after the ACC’s commentary on it.
It’s as if the ACC directive wasn’t only about Boeheim. Or not about Boeheim at all.

I get it. I really do. I think that NC State has been on the receiving end of "the treatment" by officials in this conference for decades. I'd be sensitive to that too. If anything, my observations and experiences in this conference have made me feel a kinship with NC State fans.

I'm certain there is a measurable degree of unconscious bias towards UNC, Duke and to a lesser extent, UVA in hoops, and to Clemson and whoever has been around longest in football. I'd like to think there is no conscious bias involved, but after learning about how frequently some refs call certain teams games, I'm not so sure.

I get it. I really do. I think that NC State has been on the receiving end of "the treatment" by officials in this conference for decades. I'd be sensitive to that too. If anything, my observations and experiences in this conference have made me feel a kinship with NC State fans.

I'm certain there is a measurable degree of unconscious bias towards UNC, Duke and to a lesser extent, UVA in hoops, and to Clemson and whoever has been around longest in football. I'd like to think there is no conscious bias involved, but after learning about how frequently some refs call certain teams games, I'm not so sure.
UVA and Bennett are slowly turning into the new K of the league in terms of calls. TB is not close to K on the obnoxious scale but I think their dominance in the league has helped them get some favorable whistles which is sort of amazing as Bennett rarely whines to the stripes.

Amazing BC thought Syracuse got all the calls, NC State thought Syracuse got all the calls, Syracuse thought UNC got all the calls

There is a pretty good constant in those 3 recent examples…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom