My guess on our next coach | Syracusefan.com

My guess on our next coach

That is thinking small.

I have already said that Syracuse should swing for the fence if Marrone leaves. I named Miss St HC Dan Mullen as someone who might consider the job if presented with it the right way. I would approach Bama DC Kirby Smart. He likely has no shot at an SEC HC job for another 2 or 3 years anyway.

I would be fine with Kirby Smart. Other names? Bob Diaco @ ND, Chad Morris OC @ Clemson, Mario Cristobal

And if Mullen could be pulled away, I'd certainly go that route too.

What does Mullen make at Miss St? If SU wont pay Marrone 2-3M, why would they pay his replacement that much? If it aint in the budget now, it certainly wont be in the budget in the future.

We would have to be nuts to hire a guy from D1-AA to a BCS program. Unheard of.

You doin jokes?
..or you not aware of Jim Tressel?

So you think that an SEC coach would leave to come to Syracuse? :confused:

So you think that an SEC coach would leave to come to Syracuse? :confused:

The only way is if he feels he's staying one step ahead of the posse and its the SEC. Impossible to break through the Alabama-LSU glass ceiling. Stranger things have happened.

This is the funniest thread ever.

What about Pat Summitt for HC?

Why not? She has like 1000 wins at the D-1 level! So what if its for womens basketball. Its still 1000 wins!

Here we go: off the wall coaching suggestions.

Oh boy.

What does Mullen make at Miss St? If SU wont pay Marrone 2-3M, why would they pay his replacement that much? If it aint in the budget now, it certainly wont be in the budget in the future.

How do you know we won't pay Marrone $2M?

The guy is 52 and hasn't coached or recruited for a single day in D-1, let alone a BCS program.

He's been successful the last few years bringing in D-1 transfers and overwhelming teams without those kinds of players.

I would have no problem with Priore. He's been very successful and knows NY state well. Please don't call 52 old!

I think in 2013 our coach will be one of these four

Marrone
Hackett
Shafer
Edsall

Edsall. Hmmmm.

I think Marrone would take Hackett.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503