My guess on our next coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My guess on our next coach

So you think that an SEC coach would leave to come to Syracuse? :confused:

You never know until you try. Cincy has Tuberville because of asking with a positive expectation.

Mullen is at a definite #2 school and football program in a small state. Every year he must compete not only to try to be equal with Ole Miss, but against Saban and Miles and now Bielema and Sumlin and Malzahn. There is precious little room there for success. Mullen is a northeastern native who was at Syracuse 1 year. Mayeb he is ready for a new challenge, one at which he is not up against such big odds.

Smart may be happy waiting another decade for either Saban or Mark Richt to retire, but he might be ready to take a good HC job. Any SEC guy leaving the SEC is doing well by going ACC, because of the overlap between the leagues. An SEC guy going Pac has to learn everything new; an SEC guy going ACC has half that or less to learn.

You doin jokes?
..or you not aware of Jim Tressel?

1) Tressel had prior experience at SU and OSU

2) He was at Youngstown for 14 years and played in the 1-AA championship game 6 times in a 9 year span.

Totally different case than any of the 1-AA coaches people are mentioning. Neither prior BCS experience of the level of success.

I would have no problem with Priore. He's been very successful and knows NY state well. Please don't call 52 old!

The point about the 52 is that he's 52 and he hasn't had a job in the big leagues. Unless he is a seen as some kind of innovative
genius you can't make that hire, and there's nothing to indicate he is one.

Reactions: CIL
Here is reality. If DM leaves and we don't hire Shafer or Hackett because they leave with him, we are f*cked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom