My guide to picking a national champ | Syracusefan.com

My guide to picking a national champ

Macho Uno

Scout Team
This is what you need (I think)

1. Had to reach at least the Semi's of your conference tourney or finished first or second regular season
2. Have to average at least 75 points a game
3. Have a lottery pick
4. Have a top 20 Kenpom Defense

So who does that leave us with?

Kansas - McLemore
Indiana - Zeller, Olidipo
Gonzaga - Olinyk
Duke - Plumlee

Interestingly enough that could be a final four...

Meanwhile, I don't have any of those teams in the Final Four. Therefore I find your system flawed.

1. Had to reach at least the Semi's of your conference tourney or finished first or second regular season
3. Have a lottery pick

Kansas - McLemore
Gonzaga - Olinyk
Duke - Plumlee

You didn't pick Syracuse so therefore you don't know what you're talking about

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

3. Have a lottery pick

Kansas - McLemore
Gonzaga - Olinyk
Duke - Plumlee

Those are interesting and thoughtful criteria. Have you back checked for say, the last 10 Final Fours to see how accurate a predictor your four standards are?

And actually now that I look Duke isn't quite there on the defense... Sleeper's based on this model are UNLV and Oklahoma St.

Duke lost in the quaterfinals of the ACC tournament, which brings another final four truism into play: No team that has lost in the first game they played in their conference tournament has ever been to a final four.

I am not sure if this is still true, but I remember a few years ago when AO got injured against Gtown and SU lost, this factoid was scrolling across the bottom the screen for the rest of the day. I know it was still true as of last year, but I am not sure if that jinx has since been broken.

Those are interesting and thoughtful criteria. Have you back checked for say, the last 10 Final Fours to see how accurate a predictor your four standards are?

They are pretty close. Duke 2010 doesn't cover the lottery pick and I can't be sure about anything else because I just thought of this sitting on my couch. Lottery pick is key, I think only two teams in the last 20 years won without a lottery pick and one of those was Florida who would have but they all came back for another year.

Also, that's three 1s and a 2. I'd feel much more comfortable if you would step off of that limb, you might fall two or three feet and feel slightly surprised when you hit the ground!

Also, that's three 1s and a 2. I'd feel much more comfortable if you would step off of that limb, you might fall two or three feet and feel slightly surprised when you hit the ground!

It does throw out Louisville!

Or do ten brackets, like myself, and cry in a corner when they all will end up sucking like usual. I make it a habit of being hammered along with my roommates when I make my picks, started this tradition last year. Then the next day I fill them out on ESPN because I'm far too lazy to calculate it all out myself and ESPN only allows up to ten. I always do 2 coinflip brackets though. Apparently Western Kentucky is going to make history. Oregon and Akron were the two winners... one against NC State and the other Wisconsin. I was just happy when I flipped and Akron took out G'town, they deserved the coin flips to win after that. Akron got a celebratory shot for knocking them off.

My drunk Bracket Names I had written down last night are:
SYRACUSE!!!!
Dukie V would Jizz!
Miami's Old as Fu-dge-ck
Respect the Zaga MULLET
VCU! Shaka the World!
Coinflip
Coinflip#2
Kraft Mac N Cheese!
Devendorf Wannabe
Tom Crean on yo face!

The question is, can you determine the victors from the names? Shouldn't be too hard lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom