My Interview With SU Commit Brycen Goodine | Syracusefan.com

My Interview With SU Commit Brycen Goodine

iommi

Living Legend
Didn't want this lost in the shuffle of the giant Brycen Goodine thread, especially for those of you who aren't obsessed with recruiting. Hope it'll give you some insight into a future Orange guard.

Hoops Recruiting Q&A with High-Flying Brycen Goodine | Otto's Grove

Didn't want this lost in the shuffle of the giant Brycen Goodine thread, especially for those of you who aren't obsessed with recruiting. Hope it'll give you some insight into a future Orange guard.

Well, this kid is about as likable as can be, isn't he? I was surprised by JB's insistence than he'll be a point guard, but Ill trust the staff on that one. Great interview iommi!

Great interview thanks for sharing

Well, this kid is about as likable as can be, isn't he? I was surprised by JB's insistence than he'll be a point guard, but Ill trust the staff on that one. Great interview iommi!

I of course quoted Goodine accurately but I think JB usually tells just about all of our targets/ commits he wants them to play PG and handle the ball a lot. I also want to make it clear that Brycen really will play wherever he's needed. He's not dead set on being a PG, nor did he decide on SU because JB said he will be PG.

Great questions, Vince. It was interesting to hear about the recruiting process from someone who was looking for the right fit instead of trying to create a circus of attention. He seems like a very coachable kid and will obviously be a versatile guard for SU. Most of his highlights show him as a 2-level volume scorer. It'll be great to see him get stronger and add to his game ... play-making, mid-range/stop and pop, pick and roll situations and a floater. The sky's the limit for this kid with his attitude and athleticism.

We are getting kids who want to be here now . He now heads near the top of the loyalty list near Buddy, Matt, Darius and Howard W. Maybe Oshae too! That's not to say the other players aren't Orange but these guys ooze it

Great questions, Vince. It was interesting to hear about the recruiting process from someone who was looking for the right fit instead of trying to create a circus of attention. He seems like a very coachable kid and will obviously be a versatile guard for SU. Most of his highlights show him as a 2-level volume scorer. It'll be great to see him get stronger and add to his game ... play-making, mid-range/stop and pop, pick and roll situations and a floater. The sky's the limit for this kid with his attitude and athleticism.

Hard working kid. Gym rat. Was in the gym at the crack of dawn the day after committing.

Will the Goodine signing (with him being signed as a PG) affect the situation with Jalen Carey?

I like Goodine a lot, but I like Carey more. Goodine's two knee injuries concern me. I've seen people write that it was only one, but that interview clearly states that the first knee injury was discovered after the second one.

Thoughts?

>A good' un.<
Well, now I'm going to be conflicted again. Moyer was my 'pre-favorite' Orange when he signed. If he's still on the team when Brycen joins us, I just don't know what I will do. Co-favorites? That just doesn't sound right...

He could be like a Stevie/simmons/ball kind of player when he's done on The Hill.

Jeez. Couple of days ago, I stopped filling my gas tank at $44.44. THIS season can't start soon enough, and now I have to wait two years for this cat? Uncool.

Will the Goodine signing (with him being signed as a PG) affect the situation with Jalen Carey?

I like Goodine a lot, but I like Carey more. Goodine's two knee injuries concern me. I've seen people write that it was only one, but that interview clearly states that the first knee injury was discovered after the second one.

Thoughts?

It won't affect Carey at all. Carey knows he's our number one point guard target. Goodine will play the two if need be. And Carey might not even be around when Goodine is at SU. If they both are there, they can co-exist.

The knee injuries are not an issue. Both were freak injuries. The first one was undiscovered initially. He had swelling in his knee, probably caused by bumping knees with another player. They shut him down for a month. Then in February, he tore the MCL in another freak incident and then they saw the ACL tear. He was close to 100% in a year and is now a year and a half removed from the surgery. He's fine and good to go. He's not injury prone and he's lost none of his athleticism or explosion.

Great interview, Vince. Thank you

It won't affect Carey at all. Carey knows he's our number one point guard target. Goodine will play the two if need be. And Carey might not even be around when Goodine is at SU. If they both are there, they can co-exist.

The knee injuries are not an issue. Both were freak injuries. The first one was undiscovered initially. He had swelling in his knee, probably caused by bumping knees with another player. They shut him down for a month. Then in February, he tore the MCL in another freak incident and then they saw the ACL tear. He was close to 100% in a year and is now a year and a half removed from the surgery. He's fine and good to go. He's not injury prone and he's lost none of his athleticism or explosion.

Good to hear. Great interview BTW... he seems like a high character guy, humble and just the type of guy I want at Syracuse.

Thoughts?

I figure Goodine comes off the bench for a year, or starts at the 2. Unless Carey is one and done. I like Goodine's attitude based on all his comments.

Not too long ago, we had MCW and Waiters coming off the bench. Gotta get back to having quality depth.