my nutshell | Syracusefan.com

my nutshell

T

tipphill

nw is a bad team, su offense was good -oline did their job,receivers are v.g., ---too many glaring mental errors throughout the game, i loved the defense, we have no significant running game,bad call by marrone for fg on first possesion--he had a chance to make a statement to his team . up tempo was for the most part good, but at times took as long as if they had huddled. i liked marrones post game comments about the team.

NW is hardly a bad team.

The Wildcats were probably not prepared for the offense that they were presented.

NW is hardly a bad team.

The Wildcats were probably not prepared for the offense that they were presented.
sorry they were pretty bad defensively, and the oline was not very good either

Can we stop with the nw is a bad team? Are they great? Certainly not, but coach Fitzgerald does a great job of getting those guys ready every year. They have gone to bowl games 4 straight years playing in a pretty tough conference. SU took advantage of their weak corners but so be it. Nw is a quality scrappy over achieving program and good for them. I am tired of reading people saying they are a bad team because it fits their agenda. They certainly arent world beaters but they are a quality program and certainly who right now I would consider a peer program and definitely a step up from Syracuse the past 5 years. In addition they have won 6 straight openers as well. Some people need to get a ing clue

Can we stop with the nw is a bad team? Are they great? Certainly not, but coach Fitzgerald does a great job of getting those guys ready every year. They have gone to bowl games 4 straight years playing in a pretty tough conference. SU took advantage of their weak corners but so be it. Nw is a quality scrappy over achieving program and good for them. I am tired of reading people saying they are a bad team because it fits their agenda. They certainly arent world beaters but they are a quality program and certainly who right now I would consider a peer program and definitely a step up from Syracuse the past 5 years. In addition they have won 6 straight openers as well. Some people need to get a ******* clue
wow----i will now have to watch their w/l record now-------as will you----by the way it goes well beyond weak corners

Northwestern's secondary is awful that cannot be debated. They are a bottom tier Big 10 team. SU is a bottom tier Big East team. Neither team is awful but neither team is good by any means.

30-22 over the last 4 years, with a conference record of 16-16.

Beat Nebraska in Lincoln last year.

That's not exactly bottom of the barrell.

Northwestern's secondary is awful that cannot be debated. They are a bottom tier Big 10 team. SU is a bottom tier Big East team. Neither team is awful but neither team is good by any means.

They are not a bottom tier B1G team. You need to pay more attention. Middling yes, bottom tier, no. We didn't just lose to Indiana

We'll see about that--I have a feeling you'll be eating those words by midseason.

Can we stop with the nw is a bad team? Are they great? Certainly not, but coach Fitzgerald does a great job of getting those guys ready every year. They have gone to bowl games 4 straight years playing in a pretty tough conference. SU took advantage of their weak corners but so be it. Nw is a quality scrappy over achieving program and good for them. I am tired of reading people saying they are a bad team because it fits their agenda. They certainly arent world beaters but they are a quality program and certainly who right now I would consider a peer program and definitely a step up from Syracuse the past 5 years. In addition they have won 6 straight openers as well. Some people need to get a ******* clue

Well said.

How bottom is bottom? Worst BE team I saw was rutgers. Didn't see Pitt, but they must suck too. Would not be surprised at all if we are top 3 with Louisville and Cincy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

NW will probably win 6 or 7 games this year. It is a respectable program. That said, their secondary was very poor. But we can only play the team on the field with us and we did a pretty good job.

We certainly should have won this game by double digits. We will be ok. Lots of positives happened. We just are not good enough to hand over free points to any team on our schedule. If we can cure that hiccup we will be fine.

30-22 over the last 4 years, with a conference record of 16-16.

Beat Nebraska in Lincoln last year.

That's not exactly bottom of the barrell.

Outside of Nebraska last year the other B10 teams they beat had 2 wins in-conference, total. As someone else said, they're bottom of the B10. I don't know that they are any good this year - yet.

The year before was pretty much the same. They took down Iowa, and the other wins were once again Indiana and Minnesota who had a total of 3 wins between them in conference.

I think that makes them bottom of the league tbh - at least in recent history. Unless being clearly better than Indiana/Minnesota and nobody else makes them middle of the pack. I don't know.

I am encouraged by the statistics, but not by the result yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom