My Offensive Game thoughts | Syracusefan.com

My Offensive Game thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
QB-Nassib had an excellent game. Did not rattled by getting hit early aand often in the 1st half and made many impressive throws. The ones that stick out to me were in the end zone to Chew (who made unbelievable catches) and hitting Harris, as Nassib got immediately slammed by an untouched blitzer. Really showed his strength. 3 TD's and 0 Int's say it all.
RB-Bailey recovered from his fumble and otherwise had an excellent game. I think this game showed the difference between himself and DC. While Bailey's not as strong with the ball as DC, he has more ability to break the long one.
WR-As mentioned, Chew had some unbelievable catches. Hope he can stay healthy. Lemon was also very solid. We are going to need someone else to break out eventually.
TE-Provo and Stevens looked comfortable catching the ball, as Provo atoned for his early drop. Wales also had a nice block.
OL-Looks like Macky got abused for a good chunk of the game, but he must have done something right, as we scored 22 unanswered points. I thought he was going to allow more shotgun, but don't recall seeing much of it. He might be the X factor of our offense this year.
ST-Can't believe how well Raupers did. It was all Casullo! If Kobena can be reliable catching the ball, he can be our best returner in a long time.

QB-Nassib had an excellent game. Did not rattled by getting hit early aand often in the 1st half and made many impressive throws. The ones that stick out to me were in the end zone to Chew (who made unbelievable catches) and hitting Harris, as Nassib got immediately slammed by an untouched blitzer. Really showed his strength. 3 TD's and 0 Int's say it all.
RB-Bailey recovered from his fumble and otherwise had an excellent game. I think this game showed the difference between himself and DC. While Bailey's not as strong with the ball as DC, he has more ability to break the long one.
WR-As mentioned, Chew had some unbelievable catches. Hope he can stay healthy. Lemon was also very solid. We are going to need someone else to break out eventually.
TE-Provo and Stevens looked comfortable catching the ball, as Provo atoned for his early drop. Wales also had a nice block.
OL-Looks like Macky got abused for a good chunk of the game, but he must have done something right, as we scored 22 unanswered points. I thought he was going to allow more shotgun, but don't recall seeing much of it. He might be the X factor of our offense this year.
ST-Can't believe how well Raupers did. It was all Casullo! If Kobena can be reliable catching the ball, he can be our best returner in a long time.

I think they went away from the shotgun because the nosetackle was literally a step past Macky before he even snapped the ball. That nose tackle was cat quick off the ball. the snaps were fine, it was just a struggle for Macky to block that guy all night... He was fine run blocking and they were def helping him in the second half, which is fine. Usually happens on most teams best lineman, I think they found out in a hurry that Mack couldn't handle his guy one on one from a pass perspective, that kid is a player.

I think they went away from the shotgun because the nosetackle was literally a step past Macky before he even snapped the ball. That nose tackle was cat quick off the ball. the snaps were fine, it was just a struggle for Macky to block that guy all night... He was fine run blocking and they were def helping him in the second half, which is fine. Usually happens on most teams best lineman, I think they found out in a hurry that Mack couldn't handle his guy one on one from a pass perspective, that kid is a player.

The question is how much of it was the nosetackle and how much of it was Macky? That's what we'll find out in the next few weeks.

I admit I forgot to watch Mackey in the first half, something I wanted to do. But I focused on him the whole third quarter and he looked fine.

The question is how much of it was the nosetackle and how much of it was Macky?

A lot of it was Macky: light hands. He didn't get any punch at all on many downs, he was too busy trying to catch up. Let's hope he improves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom