My Ohio State friend... | Syracusefan.com

My Ohio State friend...

OburgOrange

Living Legend
Who lives in Columbus , still thinks the Bucs will go undefeated, even without Miller. No kidding, with their "embarrassing schedule" ( his words), I can see it. They have two redshirt freshmen who have never taken a snap. I hope they lose them all!:D

Btw- he hates, and I mean hates, the addition of Buttgers and the Twerps. Lol!

The only possible losses I see is against Michigan state and Michigan. Might have an early loss against vt but I doubt it... 10-2 at least.. : (

If their QB is serviceable (Say Nassib like) I could see them winning 10 games. The B1G is about the same as the ACC.

I was listening to Brett McMurphy on College Sports XM 91 this afternoon and he was saying that the injury to Miller not only hurt OSU, but it KILLED the BIG. Ohio State was seen as the only BIG team with a legit chance to make the 4-team playoff, and they had the schedule to do it. The round robin discussion was pretty much unanimous that the BIG champ cannot absorb 2 losses and expect to make the dance. The SEC, PAC, ACC and Big 12 all have legit contenders and the inside track to the party. None were impressed with the BIG SOS's. They all felt that the perception of the BIG as a "big time contender" was on the line this season, as they have had zero success in the big games in recent history. They could be on the outside looking in come January, all due to one significant injury. That's pretty telling.

I was listening to Brett McMurphy on College Sports XM 91 this afternoon and he was saying that the injury to Miller not only hurt OSU, but it KILLED the BIG. Ohio State was seen as the only BIG team with a legit chance to make the 4-team playoff, and they had the schedule to do it. The round robin discussion was pretty much unanimous that the BIG champ cannot absorb 2 losses and expect to make the dance. The SEC, PAC, ACC and Big 12 all have legit contenders and the inside track to the party. None were impressed with the BIG SOS's. They all felt that the perception of the BIG as a "big time contender" was on the line this season, as they have had zero success in the big games in recent history. They could be on the outside looking in come January, all due to one significant injury. That's pretty telling.

That's what happens when you lose an all conference multi year starter at QB.

I truly hope the stink it up as well. I will say that if OSU is the B1G only chance at making the playoff and they have a bad season I really don't want that spot to go to a SEC team. I hope PAC has a good season or ACC because I loathe all the SEC love.

Big 10 is weak this year. Mich St is turning into a real power program though and MSU-Ohio St should be a great game

I truly hope the stink it up as well. I will say that if OSU is the B1G only chance at making the playoff and they have a bad season I really don't want that spot to go to a SEC team. I hope PAC has a good season or ACC because I loathe all the SEC love.

Based on pre-season rankings, the B1G is out but has two teams close in case one of the top four slips up. The PAC and SEC also have teams poised to move up too. Most likely, one of Alabama, Auburn, and South Carolina will make it. The question is what teams would beat out the second of those three teams if their only loss was to one of the others in the trio? Things could play out differently, but you're basically looking at Ohio State/Mich. State, UCLA, Clemson, and/or Baylor to get or hold their conferences spot in the playoffs vs. a 2nd SEC team.

Here's the USA Today preseason rankings - the AP isn't significantly different.

Florida State (56)

Alabama

Oklahoma (3)

Oregon (1)

Auburn

Ohio State (1)

UCLA

Michigan State

South Carolina (1)

Baylor

Stanford

Georgia

LSU

Wisconsin

USC

Clemson

Notre Dame

Arizona State

Ole Miss

Texas A&M

Kansas State

Nebraska

North Carolina

Texas

Washington

If their QB is serviceable (Say Nassib like) I could see them winning 10 games. The B1G is about the same as the ACC.
What does this mean? Nassib was more than serviceable he's a pro QB for Gods sake. Only a Syracuse fan could make this statement about an NFL QB.

What does this mean? Nassib was more than serviceable he's a pro QB for Gods sake. Only a Syracuse fan could make this statement about an NFL QB.
Chill anglerman...I meant it serviceable like when Ryan was an underclassman...their (tOSU) QB is supposed to be an underclassman

Michigan State has got to be one of the most underrated teams out there. They were one bad play against ND from going to to the NC game and beat a really good Stanford team. I can absolutely see them in the four team play off with FSU, Alabama, and Oregon.