My Philadelphia 76'ers are now... | Syracusefan.com

My Philadelphia 76'ers are now...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
dead to me. What a bunch of dopes.

So now Ennis and MCW have to duke it out for PT in Milwaukee. One of them will be Euro bound by next season...and it won't be MCW.

The friggin Bucks?! Are you kidding me?!

PeteCalvin said:
dead to me. What a bunch of dopes. So now Ennis and MCW have to duke it out for PT in Milwaukee. One of them will be Euro bound by next season...and it won't be MCW. The friggin Bucks?! Are you kidding me?!

Ennis could easily get 10-15 minutes a game for the bucks next year.

This is just strange since the purpose of getting a bunch of good picks is to then use them on good players. Why trade the good young player you already have to acquire more picks in the future. There is no prize for having the most future 1st round picks. The better teams in the league are always picking late first round and doing well perhaps they should fire the front office and get a GM from one of these good teams to draft them a good squad over the next few years.

dead to me. What a bunch of dopes.

So now Ennis and MCW have to duke it out for PT in Milwaukee. One of them will be Euro bound by next season...and it won't be MCW.

The friggin Bucks?! Are you kidding me?!

The friggin bucks are playoff bound this year. Next year they get Jabari back. And they still have THE GREEK FREAK. This is fantastic.

There is no prize for having the most future 1st round picks.
Hinke needs to have this tattooed across his forehead. I'm convinced he is a complete moron. I've suffered through all these seasons with the 76ers to get this as a reward. Thanks for nothing, Sam.

Yep - this is a terrific situation for both of them, to be honest. Get to learn from Kidd, and they're on a very young, very talented team.

i am shocked but not since they have brought up mcw's name a few times now after last season and during this years draft.but as some in philly think reason mcw's numbers where so inflated was because the team was so bad . #FireSam

I can rationalize the deal for the 76ers... not saying I fully agree with it but can make sense of it. I think Hinkle does not see MCW as his pointguard of the future. I see MCW as a complimentary 10-12 PPG, poor shooter on a contending team. The 4th or 5th best starter, who can do everything well but score. And there is nothing wrong with that -- he is forced to shoot right now. I don't think the deal needed to be done immediately.

They have plenty of assets now... they don't need to consolidate everything quite yet or even settle on a core... at some point in 2 years they need to settle on who is the core, but not yet necessarily. They have the draft to get another point, tons of cap space, obviously tradeable picks. If your not sold on a guy get value for him before his second contract. And Hinkle did that today. We all want to say MCW is great but he has some holes in his game that may well extend long term.

Quite a few other GM's can do what Hinkle is doing.. even pretend GM's... your just acquiring as many assets as possible. Is it easy? No. But I will tell you what is much harder. Taking that next step. It can't be totally organic. You need to decide on players, consolidate assets, probably make a few trades of excess players or picks for veterans or young veterans, use some of that space. THIS is the hard part. After being in tank / asset collection mode its hard to determine when to make the moves to bring it all together. A few bad decisions and all that effort was for not.

i am shocked but not since they have brought up mcw's name a few times now after last season and during this years draft.but as some in philly think reason mcw's numbers where so inflated was because the team was so bad . #FireSam

His numbers are inflated because of it -- his PPG, because he has no choice but to shoot. Other gross numbers are inflated because he gets lots of minutes -- but he is good at those things.

At the same time his biggest holes, % and TO's are inflated by the team he plays on as well.

His numbers are inflated because of it -- his PPG, because he has no choice but to shoot. Other gross numbers are inflated because he gets lots of minutes -- but he is good at those things.

At the same time his biggest holes, % and TO's are inflated by the team he plays on as well.

I wouldn't say his assists are inflated, playing in Philly. Lots of minutes...but lots of minutes where he's passing to guys who can't shoot.

Yep - this is a terrific situation for both of them, to be honest. Get to learn from Kidd, and they're on a very young, very talented team.

I hope Jason Kidd keeps and mentors both of them.

I'm just pissed because I finally had players on Philly I could root for and now all I can hope for is that Jerami breaks out. I always get worried when SU players get shipped off to the upper Midwest. Not since Bing has one stuck up there.

Hinke needs to have this tattooed across his forehead. I'm convinced he is a complete moron. I've suffered through all these seasons with the 76ers to get this as a reward. Thanks for nothing, Sam.

I don't think Sam's ultimate goal is to build a team enitreely through the draft at. Its to find and settle on at least 2-3 high end core pieces through the draft, discard whatever players and picks are left at that point for other current NBA players, and also have a bit left with the cap. To me its being executed fine so far, but the consolidation part is what is going to be difficult.

It has to suck to be a fan of this type of approach. There is not much to grow attached to on this team, and you find a nice young player in MCW to go for. But he is not seen as part of that key core in the end. You basically can't get attached to anyone.

Hinkle still has time but in my view its 2 years or less -- he has to settle on a core before people get into second contracts.

I'll take the triple doubles and good D from MCW along with the poor outside shooting any day. He's a PG. If you want great 3 point threats, get a SG and SF that can shoot. Dumb move by Philly.

Great for MCW, not so much for Tyler, all the more reason he should have come back.

In the NBA you only win championships if you have one of the top 5(maybe 10) players in the league. The Sixers are not the Lakers, Celtics, or Knicks. They won't be able to get one of those elite players in free agency. Therefore, the only option is to get them in the draft. The strategy is to keep trading assets for draft picks until one of those picks translates into a Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Dirk, Duncan, etc. The goal is to get as lucky as OKC(Durant), Cleveland(LeBron), or SA(Duncan). Once you have one of those elite players it is easier to get FAs to round out the squad.

This is a good deal for both. MCW will be the PG of the future in Milwaukee, playing for his idol (Kidd), and having much more talent around him than he had in Philly.

Meanwhile, Ennis suddenly has a legit chance to stick on the NBA roster of a playoff team instead of playing for the D-League team. Ennis slides in as the #3 PG on the team right now on a team that often times uses all 3 of their PGs. He will get a handful of games where he plays 10+ minutes and will also get to learn from Kidd. Beats the hell out of what he was dealing with in Phoenix.

Yesssss! They'll be learning from one of the best PGs in NBA history. They'll be on a team without much media pressure or attention. They'll be on a young team whose best players are a rookie and a sophomore. Though MCW didn't have a problem with PT in Philly, Ennis had less of a chance of breaking into the overloaded guard situation in Phoenix. If the Bucks are a playoff team without Parker this year, I'm hoping that they'll be in a better situation next year. I'm with it.

What are the 76ers doing? Despite being horrible I have enjoyed following them, and was looking forward to see how everything would look in 4 or 5 years. Now I just think they are throwing darts. I can sort of understand moving Carter-Williams since they obviously aren't sold on him (apparent willingness to move him during last years draft), but they only got a draft pick, which can't even be in the top 5. All that move tells me is they really wanted nothing to do with MCW. Not really fair to Michael. His shooting percentages are low, but he is forced to take a ton of shots due to limited options. He turns the ball over too much because he is forced to create shots for others. And his defense has been poor because he takes too many chances since they are usually down. So MCW has an excuse for every major weakness. Now i'm excited to see how he plays at Milwaukee, another young team I really like led by the Greek Freak. I really hope Mike is able to prove his doubters wrong, especially on the defensive end of the floor where he has no excuse for not being above average.

Now the move the Sixers made that convinced me they were clueless was moving McDaniels for Caanan. I know you needed another PG after trading MCW, but you give up one of the only guys who has some real potential? Wow. Whenever McDaniels got starter minutes, or even close he produced. His shot needs some work, but the kid can play. Not to mention he is a lock down defender. Isiah Caanan his a career back up.

Apparently the Sixers tank job wasn't going as good as hoped because now they have nobody what so ever. If I was a Sixers fan i'd be even more depressed then you already are.

This is a good deal for both. MCW will be the PG of the future in Milwaukee, playing for his idol (Kidd), and having much more talent around him than he had in Philly.

Meanwhile, Ennis suddenly has a legit chance to stick on the NBA roster of a playoff team instead of playing for the D-League team. Ennis slides in as the #3 PG on the team right now on a team that often times uses all 3 of their PGs. He will get a handful of games where he plays 10+ minutes and will also get to learn from Kidd. Beats the hell out of what he was dealing with in Phoenix.

The best part is Kidd really wanted the chance to mentor MCW, which is saying something since Brandon Knight was playing at an all-star level this season.

I was going to be in Philly next weekend and was going to go a game that Friday night. Damn.

anomander said:
What are the 76ers doing? Despite being horrible I have enjoyed following them, and was looking forward to see how everything would look in 4 or 5 years. Now I just think they are throwing darts. I can sort of understand moving Carter-Williams since they obviously aren't sold on him (apparent willingness to move him during last years draft), but they only got a draft pick, which can't even be in the top 5. All that move tells me is they really wanted nothing to do with MCW. Not really fair to Michael. His shooting percentages are low, but he is forced to take a ton of shots due to limited options. He turns the ball over too much because he is forced to create shots for others. And his defense has been poor because he takes too many chances since they are usually down. So MCW has an excuse for every major weakness. Now i'm excited to see how he plays at Milwaukee, another young team I really like led by the Greek Freak. I really hope Mike is able to prove his doubters wrong, especially on the defensive end of the floor where he has no excuse for not being above average. Now the move the Sixers made that convinced me they were clueless was moving McDaniels for Caanan. I know you needed another PG after trading MCW, but you give up one of the only guys who has some real potential? Wow. Whenever McDaniels got starter minutes, or even close he produced. His shot needs some work, but the kid can play. Not to mention he is a lock down defender. Isiah Caanan his a career back up. Apparently the Sixers tank job wasn't going as good as hoped because now they have nobody what so ever. If I was a Sixers fan i'd be even more depressed then you already are.

They traded KJ because they signed him to a short term low money contract and he probably will get a good amount of money in the open market. They don't trade him for anything and they lose him and get zero in return. I actually understand that move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom