My post season mea culpa | Syracusefan.com

My post season mea culpa

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Based upon last year, I did not think Frank or Chewy would be servicable ACC players this year, let alone solid players on a Sweet 16 team.

Their improvements over last were remarkable. It's no coincidence that this team went so much farther than last year's.
Did they still have what the @#$! moments? Sure did, but those were relstively few and far between, and really serve to highlight their overall growth as players. No player is perfect, and no player plays his best every game.

Well done by those young men. I will look forward to watching you both reach another level next year.

That said, with the fire power coming in, I am looking for the Final Four next year. Imagine if Frank Howard can reach 2 Final Fours.

Yes, well done.
One of JB's best coaching jobs, maximizing what this roster could achieve.
Team chemistry -- never better, and credit should go to Battle and Howard for their leadership and warrior mentality.
Howard & Chukwu exceeded expectations. These two were limited in 2016-17 due to injury and in Howard's case due to Gillon's emergence. Both put in significant efforts to get stronger and improve their skills in the off-season, and both have big upside from here. Their efforts were vital to the success of the zone.
Marek Dolezaj -- despite his thin build, made a ton of improvement in March. Needs to add muscle, and if he does, will be a star for SU.
Oshae Brissett -- Terrific player, great kid. Battles on the boards as well as anyone we have had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom