My Q & A with Darius Bazley | Syracusefan.com

My Q & A with Darius Bazley

Great interview! Found it interesting that the coaches told him to get stronger as that's the one opportunity that stands out to me when looking at him. Not that I'm not thrilled to get him- very excited to see him play at least for one season :)

Great interview! Found it interesting that the coaches told him to get stronger as that's the one opportunity that stands out to me when looking at him. Not that I'm not thrilled to get him- very excited to see him play at least for one season :)
He told me he is 6'9" 190. I hope he will be 6'9" 205 when he comes in. I think that's realistic.

One other thing I found interesting. Before we actually got into the meat of the interview, I asked him a few questions just for background, like his current height and weight. I also asked him if he planned to sign the NLI during the early signing period. He said he didn't even know when the signing dates were. I wasn't really troubled by that but our staff might want to inform him of the dates he can sign in November. Seems kind of important.

He told me he is 6'9" 190. I hope he will be 6'9" 205 when he comes in. I think that's realistic.
Yeah, iirc the thing that shocked even the coaches, was that Carmelo came in at 220lbs. That enabled him to hit the ground running in college.

Great stuff. Love his confidence. He's going to be a great one here, maybe only for a year but he's going to be good.
He may be here a second year because he will find guys who can stop him.

Great stuff Vince. Interesting his comments on Buddy. Really excited to get him here. Love his confidence. It will be great to have the flexibility he has. He can play the 3 or 4 I think and if OB is back and could play the 3 or 4 as well and we have Moyer at the 4 we would have an amazing rotation at forward.

Great stuff Vince. Interesting his comments on Buddy. Really excited to get him here. Love his confidence. It will be great to have the flexibility he has. He can play the 3 or 4 I think and if OB is back and could play the 3 or 4 as well and we have Moyer at the 4 we would have an amazing rotation at forward.
He was kind of coy about Carey. Obviously, I edited things. I obviously didn't push him to talk about a player who hasn't even committed to SU. The combination of players with Carey could be lethal, especially in transition.

Interview begs a question: why weren't we recruiting him initially. I know you can't see everyone, but this guys talent seems off the charts.

Interview begs a question: why weren't we recruiting him initially. I know you can't see everyone, but this guys talent seems off the charts.

He verballed to tOSU fairly early on, so he was off the table.

Then Matta left, and he re-opened his recruitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom