My Q & A with Darius Bazley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Q & A with Darius Bazley

He verballed to tOSU fairly early on, so he was off the table.

Then Matta left, and he re-opened his recruitment.
I think if you look, Bazley de-committed from OSU and before Matta resigned about a month later.
That does not mean that Bazley did not know that Matta was going to step down.

I think if you look, Bazley de-committed from OSU and before Matta resigned about a month later.
That does not mean that Bazley did not know that Matta was going to step down.

Whatever. He verballed fairly early on to tOSU is the main point I was trying to make.
Which is why we never actively recruited him the first time around.

(he also wasn't nearly as highly ranked at that time, not that that means anything as far as SU's recruiting generally goes -
he hadn't blown up yet, so nobody was all "this kid is amazeballs!! why aren't we all over him?" sorta stuff going on back then -
it's only fairly recently that he's shot up the rankings.)

Whatever. He verballed fairly early on to tOSU is the main point I was trying to make.
Which is why we never actively recruited him the first time around.

(he also wasn't nearly as highly ranked at that time, not that that means anything as far as SU's recruiting generally goes -
he hadn't blown up yet, so nobody was all "this kid is amazeballs!! why aren't we all over him?" sorta stuff going on back then -
it's only fairly recently that he's shot up the rankings.)

I just don't think he was on our radar. I realize we got Matt Moyer, who is from Columbus, OH, but Bazley is from Cincy, not our typical recruiting area. The key factor was Allen Griffin coming along and raving about him, having known about him from when Griff was at Dayton.

Great stuff. Love his confidence. He's going to be a great one here, maybe only for a year but he's going to be good.
The nice thing about hoops is a superstar can come in right away and turn the ship around. Don't have to wait 2-3 years to see them make an impact. The patience needed in football is brutal.

"Nobody can guard me."
Q&A with Elite 2018 Hoops Commit Darius Bazley | Otto's Grove

I love his optimistic confidence. Even so, I hope he continues to lift weights and work on his game with every possible waking moment until he makes it to campus. CBB in the ACC is played at a much higher level than High School or what he may be used to on the AAU circuit. It's the best of the best of the best. You need really good super-powers to be successful at the Orange level!

i know there is no difference between the 3 and 4 in SU's defense, but there is on offense and I hope baze never plays any 4. he's a wing, and a great one at that, and i'd rather see him keep his quickness and fluidity than bulk up to play his 3rd best position

for example, brandon ingram is 6-9 190 . . . today, as a 20 yo 2nd year pro

i know there is no difference between the 3 and 4 in SU's defense, but there is on offense and I hope baze never plays any 4. he's a wing, and a great one at that, and i'd rather see him keep his quickness and fluidity than bulk up to play his 3rd best position

for example, brandon ingram is 6-9 190 . . . today, as a 20 yo 2nd year pro

He has the handle of a wing.

good enough that i can dream of him playing some 2

I get the impression he wants the ball in his hands a lot. He's not selfish but he knows he's good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom