My Question for Tonight's Dino Babers Show (before Purdue) | Syracusefan.com

My Question for Tonight's Dino Babers Show (before Purdue)

SWC75

Bored Historian

Coach Babers’s show this year show will be Thursday nights at 7PM except when the game is not on a Saturday. This year it will be 90 minutes, with the first hour being with Dino and the last half hour being with a ‘special guest’, who in the past just got a couple minutes at the end of the show.

The show originates from Heritage Hill Brewery in Jamesville:
3149 Sweet Rd · 3149 Sweet Rd, Jamesville, NY 13078

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse) 99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: https://tunein.com/radio/home/

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CuseIMG
#AskDino or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can (or could last year, anyway), listen to a podcast of the show, probably the next day, at: Search results for babers | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn

My Question(s) or Comments (or theories)

“Coach, you mentioned that Sean Tucker was the 5th string running back when his career began here. I remember that two guys opted out, one transferred and another was injured and later transferred. Cooper Lutz, who had been a high school running back but had switched to wide receiver, switched back to back up Sean and even had to replace him for a game. It made me wonder who the 5th and 6th string running backs are this year. Looking at your roster, I see Sean, LeQuint Allen and Juwaun Price and four walk-ons listed as running backs. Do we have anyone at another position who played running back in high school who could switch back as Cooper did in an emergency?”

No offense, you are terrific, but cant you come up with a more pertinent question than who will be our fifth running back, considering this may be our most important game in years !!!!

No offense, you are terrific, but cant you come up with a more pertinent question than who will be our fifth running back, considering this may be our most important game in years !!!!
I can see your point, if we get down to our fifth running back you might as well put me out there.

I'm starting with some questions that have concerned me from pre-season. One is running back depth. Next week I will ask about the size of the defensive line. Then I'll get into issues that evolve as the season progresses. I understand the importance of the Purdue game but I'm more interested in the questions that emerge from it than the questions that will be answered in the game.

Coach Babers’s show this year show will be Thursday nights at 7PM except when the game is not on a Saturday. This year it will be 90 minutes, with the first hour being with Dino and the last half hour being with a ‘special guest’, who in the past just got a couple minutes at the end of the show.

The show originates from Heritage Hill Brewery in Jamesville:
3149 Sweet Rd · 3149 Sweet Rd, Jamesville, NY 13078

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse) 99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: https://tunein.com/radio/home/

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CuseIMG
#AskDino or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can (or could last year, anyway), listen to a podcast of the show, probably the next day, at: Search results for babers | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn

My Question(s) or Comments (or theories)

“Coach, you mentioned that Sean Tucker was the 5th string running back when his career began here. I remember that two guys opted out, one transferred and another was injured and later transferred. Cooper Lutz, who had been a high school running back but had switched to wide receiver, switched back to back up Sean and even had to replace him for a game. It made me wonder who the 5th and 6th string running backs are this year. Looking at your roster, I see Sean, LeQuint Allen and Juwaun Price and four walk-ons listed as running backs. Do we have anyone at another position who played running back in high school who could switch back as Cooper did in an emergency?”

Define “emergency”. Are you talking about an in-game situation that knocks out your top two RB’s or are you talking about situation where the top two guys go down for multiple weeks?

Apparently PWO Mario Escobar is doing well.

Let’s pray we remain healthy and not risk jinxing the program with talk of emergencies that don’t exist.

Define “emergency”. Are you talking about an in-game situation that knocks out your top two RB’s or are you talking about situation where the top two guys go down for multiple weeks?

Apparently PWO Mario Escobar is doing well.

Let’s pray we remain healthy and not risk jinxing the program with talk of emergencies that don’t exist.

I think depth is always a concern and thus it's a legitimate thing to ask about, especially since Sean went down temporarily in the first game and, as noted went from 5th string to 1st string very quickly two years ago. My questions aren't going to 'jinx' anything.

I think depth is always a concern and thus it's a legitimate thing to ask about, especially since Sean went down temporarily in the first game and, as noted went from 5th string to 1st string very quickly two years ago. My questions aren't going to 'jinx' anything.

I hear ya. As an old coach it’s taboo to talk about injuries that haven’t happened.

What kind of answer do you expect to get from Dino?

I think you’ll get some coach speak like;
- We’re not thinking about things we cannot control.
- If that happens, we’ll go with the guys we have. They’ve been working hard and will be ready.

I hear ya. As an old coach it’s taboo to talk about injuries that haven’t happened.

What kind of answer do you expect to get from Dino?

I think you’ll get some coach speak like;
- We’re not thinking about things we cannot control.
- If that happens, we’ll go with the guys we have. They’ve been working hard and will be ready.

I'm guessing he might give those walk-ons some love, including Mario and his brother Josh...

Was there a Dino Babers show? Is there a recap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom