My Question for Tonight's Dino Babers Show | Syracusefan.com

My Question for Tonight's Dino Babers Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Coach Babers’s show this year show will be Thursday nights at 7PM except when the game is not on a Saturday. The show is two days before the game, except for Thanksgiving week. Here is the schedule:

Thursday, Aug. 29 – 7 pm; Thursday, Sept. 5 – 7 pm; Thursday, Sept. 12 – 7 pm
Thursday, Sept. 19 – 7 pm; Thursday, Sept. 26 – 7 pm; Tuesday, Oct. 8 – 7 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 16 – 7 pm; Thursday, Oct. 24 – 7 pm; Thursday, Oct. 31 – 7 pm
Thursday, Nov. 14 – 7 pm; Thursday, Nov. 21 – 7 pm; Tuesday, Nov. 26 – 7 pm

They are now adding the “Gomez Hour” that they do from 8-9PM for the Jim Boeheim basketball shows to the Dino Babers football show. I’ll be summarizing the comments directly related to the team and the next game (late) on the night of the broadcast and anything else interesting the next day. I’ll have a “first hour” and a “second hour” question.

The show will originate from PressRoom Pub, located at 220 Herald Place in Syracuse's historic Herald Square, each week this season.

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse) 99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: Listen to The Clark Howard Podcast on WGVA on TuneIn

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CuseIMG
#AskDino or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can (or could last year, anyway), listen to a podcast of the show, probably the next day, at: Search results for babers | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn
I’ve been asked to continue doing the summaries, even by people who listen to the podcasts. I may focus on the major points, rather than trying to record everything.

My Question(s) or Comments

First Hour:

“Coach, I grew up in the Csonka-Little era here and I’ve always been fond of the notion that on a running play, as on a passing play, it’s a good think if the defense isn’t sure who is going to get the ball. Last year we were kind of a throwback as we had a quarterback who was essentially a second running back and who ran like a fullback. The defense not only couldn’t be sure if it was a run or a pass. They didn’t know who to tackle once they found out. Now Eric Dungey is gone. How do we replace the versatility and deception he brought to our running game? “

Second Hour:

“Coach at Eastern Illinois you had two running backs, Taylor Duncan and Shepard Little who both carried the ball 217 times and who both ran for over 1,000 yards. At Bowling Greene you had two running backs, Travis Greene and Fred Coppet, who carried the ball 368 times and gained over 2,000 yards. Did these players simply alternate at one position or did they play in tandem, like an old-fashioned fullback-halfback combination? With Moe Neal, Abdul Adams, Jarveon Howard, Markenzy Pierre and Jawhar Jordan all available, is it possible we’ll see two running backs in the game at the same time at Syracuse?“

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom