My Questions for the last Jim Boeheim Show (of the season) tonight | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for the last Jim Boeheim Show (of the season) tonight

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show is at Carrabba's Italian Grill at 550 Towne Drive, Fayetteville, NY. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.
Their schedule: The AmeriCU Jim Boeheim Show Begins Tonight! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts
There’s now a third segment where Jim and Gomez can be seen on camera at:
The early shows tend to be in a one-hour format. I'll post a summary of them the same night. When they do two hour shows. I will do two posts: the Matt Park segment the night of the show and the Gomez segments the next day.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

1st Segment Question:

“Coach, we probably aren’t going to make the NCAA tournament unless we win the ACC tournament. There are three other post season tournaments: the NIT, the College Basketball Invitational and the Basketball Classic. A team doesn’t have to have a winning record to get into those tournaments. We’re 15-15 with at least two games to go. Would we accept an invitation from those tournaments, and would the number of available players and our streak of winning seasons be factors in that decision?”

2nd Segment Question:

“Coach, you’ve spoiled us over the years with consistent success. We’ve had many seasons most college basketball teams would love to have that seem inadequate to many SU fans. You’re excited about next year’s team, which will depend on a large recruiting class. You’ve often advised us to remember that a player is a freshman or a first-time starter or in his first year with the program. What expectations should Syracuse fans have for next season?”

Twitch: I’ll improvise a question or two after listening to the rest of the show.

Last edited:
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show is at Carrabba's Italian Grill at 550 Towne Drive, Fayetteville, NY. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.
Their schedule: The AmeriCU Jim Boeheim Show Begins Tonight! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts
There’s now a third segment where Jim and Gomez can be seen on camera at:
The early shows tend to be in a one-hour format. I'll post a summary of them the same night. When they do two hour shows. I will do two posts: the Matt Park segment the night of the show and the Gomez segments the next day.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

1st Segment Question:

“Coach, we probably aren’t going to make the NCAA tournament unless we win the ACC tournament. There are three other post season tournaments: the NIT, the College Basketball Invitational and the Basketball Classic. A team doesn’t have to have a winning record to get into those tournaments. We’re 15-15 with at least two games to go. Would we accept an invitation from those tournaments, and would our streak of winning seasons be a factor in that decision?”

2nd Segment Question:

“Coach, you’ve spoiled us over the years with consistent success. We’ve had many seasons most college basketball teams would love to have that seem inadequate to many SU fans. You’re excited about next year’s team, which will depend on a large recruiting class. You’ve often advised us to remember that a player is a freshman or a first-time starter or in his first year with the program. What expectations should Syracuse fans have for next season?”

Twitch: I’ll improvise a question or two after listening to the rest of the show.

SWC75 Love these two questions. It's information I want and you framed it in a way that isn't negative or accusatory.

Would really like to hear who out of the incoming class he thinks can really make an impact immediately. Even if it's in a limited, but defined, role.

There is no way he's giving you anything he hasn't already said. It's a waste of time, imo. I like the direction you took your questions.
Not intentionally but I wouldn't be surprised if he gives clues by saying what he's said a little differently each time.

Not that I think you can ever read too much into JB statements.

I avoided it because I think it will be fully vetted, (and actually already has been in terms of what he's going to say about it).
That's true, but you can finish with "I am already writing down questions for your first show next season...or should I ask them now?" and see how he reacts.

To first question JB said that he was thinking about accepting NIT bid to help Benny who could use the extra practice and game but with him out, he's wondering if it would be worth hit. He's proud of the streak but that would not be the basis for the decision - it's about how it would help the players on this team. "Nobody's going to get to 45 in a row."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom