My Questions for Tomorrow Night's Dino Babers Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for Tomorrow Night's Dino Babers Show

SWC75

Bored Historian

Coach Babers’s show this year show will be Thursday nights at 7PM except when the game is not on a Saturday. This year it will be 90 minutes, with the first hour being with Dino and the last half hour being with a ‘special guest’, who in the past just got a couple minutes at the end of the show.

The show originates from Heritage Hill Brewery in Jamesville:
3149 Sweet Rd · 3149 Sweet Rd, Jamesville, NY 13078

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse) 99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: https://tunein.com/radio/home/

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CuseIMG
#AskDino or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can (or could last year, anyway), listen to a podcast of the show, probably the next day, at: Search results for babers | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn

My Question(s) or Comments (or theories)

“Coach, it’s November and depth appears to be an issue again. I have two questions concerning it.

You like to cross-train your linemen so they can move around and back each other up and the best five available players can be out there at once. The problem with that is that when you switch your tackle to replace your guard, you now have to replace the tackle and two positions have been compromised. Wouldn’t it be better to replace a guard with a back-up guard and keep the other four positions stable?

At most positions in the two deep, both players play extensively. Essentially, they are both your starters and the third team is the depth. That’s not true at quarterback, where you want more continuity. There’s usually a huge gap between the starter and the back-up. But we’ve played 118 games since joining the ACC and 41 of those have been started by a quarterback other than the guy who was #1 at the beginning of that season. Shouldn’t the top two quarterbacks be prepared as if they were co-starters, knowing that you are likely to have to go to the back-up at some point?”

Thanks for doing this - aiding the discussion with the coach.

On the first question, Davis has started many games at guard. Probably his better position. Not a natural tackle. And Cruz has focused at tackle - particularly right tackle. So, the move seems obvious with Ellis hurt. Will be interesting to hear how Babers and Schmidt weighed the options.

Thanks for doing this - aiding the discussion with the coach.

On the first question, Davis has started many games at guard. Probably his better position. Not a natural tackle. And Cruz has focused at tackle - particularly right tackle. So, the move seems obvious with Ellis hurt. Will be interesting to hear how Babers and Schmidt weighed the options.

On the safety, the guy came right through right tackle to bring down CDRW.

One bad example. Not sure that is enough to make your point. I expect Cruz is going to be a multi-year starter at tackle.

One bad example. Not sure that is enough to make your point. I expect Cruz is going to be a multi-year starter at tackle.

One of 6 sacks we suffered in that game.

He came right through the tight end Mahar, Cruz maybe should've slid over to help out though, that was a big mismatch

Yep. Looked like Cruz was assigned to the LB right over him, who then backed off his blitz at the snap.

Narduzzi was playing chess. We were playing candyland.
Our Oline does often look as if it is composed of gum drops

I don’t even understand what that quote means; that if both Shrader and the entire OL is healthy then he’ll be in? Talk about a non answer, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom