My Questions for tonight's Dino Babers Show - before Virginia Tech | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Dino Babers Show - before Virginia Tech

SWC75

Bored Historian

Coach Babers’s show this year show will be Thursday nights at 7PM except when the game is not on a Saturday. This year it will be 60 minutes, with the first 50 minutes being with Dino and the last 10 minutes being with a ‘special guest’, who in the past just got a couple minutes at the end of the show.

The show originates from Heritage Hill Brewery in Jamesville:
3149 Sweet Rd · 3149 Sweet Rd, Jamesville, NY 13078

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse) 99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: https://tunein.com/radio/home/

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CuseIMG (Update: this account seems to have closed.)
#AskDino or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can (or could last year, anyway), listen to a podcast of the show, probably the next day, at: Search results for babers | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Question(s) or Comments (or theories)

“Coach, we lost to Clemson, North Carolina and Florida State by a combined 24-112. On Saturday, Miami beat Clemson, Virginia beat North Carolina and Duke was ahead of Florida State much of the game. The combined score of those games was 79-85. Why weren’t we able to compete with those teams in the way Miami, Virginia and Duke did?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every team, every matchup and every game is different. We didn’t play our best football in those games.

I’d prefer not to live in the past.

Next question.

Given that SWC is such a regular, he might sugar coat his answer a bit more, but yeah, won't be much more than that.

There really isn't anything he can say on a radio show that will amount to much. We either show up Thursday night to play or we don't. VT will.

Given that SWC is such a regular, he might sugar coat his answer a bit more, but yeah, won't be much more than that.

There really isn't anything he can say on a radio show that will amount to much. We either show up Thursday night to play or we don't. VT will.
You may be giving VPI too much credit.

Direct question - I look forward to a direct answer.

"“That’s kind of wide open. I can’t talk about point differential. It’s about momentum, match-ups and turnovers. The first four games we got all of them. Since then, we’ve gotten almost none. On some of those plays we were taking on NFL guys. When we had Matthew Bergeron, we knew he could take on anyone 1 on 1 and that we could do things with our other guys as a result.” He repeated that he wasn’t going to discuss point differential.

"“That’s kind of wide open. I can’t talk about point differential. It’s about momentum, match-ups and turnovers. The first four games we got all of them. Since then, we’ve gotten almost none. On some of those plays we were taking on NFL guys. When we had Matthew Bergeron, we knew he could take on anyone 1 on 1 and that we could do things with our other guys as a result.” He repeated that he wasn’t going to discuss point differential.

That's a fair answer, I wouldn't have expected much more. All of the last five games are winnable, but all are going to be close point spreads - these are the kinds of games that can swing on turnovers. Hopefully protecting the ball is a big topic of discussion going into these games, if we win the turnover battle Thursday its very likely we win the game.

I think I am going to have to put that in Indirect answer category.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom