My Questions for Tonight's Dino Babers Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for Tonight's Dino Babers Show

SWC75

Bored Historian

Coach Babers’s show this year show will be Thursday nights at 7PM except when the game is not on a Saturday. This year it will be 90 minutes, with the first hour being with Dino and the last half hour being with a ‘special guest’, who in the past just got a couple minutes at the end of the show.

The show originates from Heritage Hill Brewery in Jamesville:
3149 Sweet Rd · 3149 Sweet Rd, Jamesville, NY 13078

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse) 99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: Listen to Free Radio Online | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CuseIMG
#AskDino or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can (or could last year, anyway), listen to a podcast of the show, probably the next day, at: Search results for babers | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn

My Question(s) or Comments

First segment question:

“Coach, Andre Szmyt came into this year having hit 86% of his field goal attempts, (56 of 65) and 98% of his extra points, (123 of 125). From 40+ yards out, he was 17 for 24, 71%. This year he’s 7 for 12 on field goals (58%), 29 for 31 on extra points, (93.5%) and 1 for 5 from 40+. What’s happened? Is he hurt? How much of this is his fault and how much of it is the people around him?”

Second segment question:

“Coach, we’re known as “Punter U.” (I’d rather go back to being known for our running backs.) This year, for the first time in a long time, our punting has been sub-par. James Williams, per his bio “Rated five stars and the No. 4 punter and No. 13 placekicker in the 2020 class by Kohl’s Kicking.” Yet it says that in his senior year, “he averaged 35.8 yards on 25 punts”. I would think punting would be the one thing that was the same on all levels of competition. Should we be surprised that he’s the 92nd ranked punter in the country with an average of 36.7 yards? Why was he rated 5 stars?”

Coach Babers’s show this year show will be Thursday nights at 7PM except when the game is not on a Saturday. This year it will be 90 minutes, with the first hour being with Dino and the last half hour being with a ‘special guest’, who in the past just got a couple minutes at the end of the show.

The show originates from Heritage Hill Brewery in Jamesville:
3149 Sweet Rd · 3149 Sweet Rd, Jamesville, NY 13078

You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.5FM (Syracuse) 99.1 FM (Utica) and 1200 AM.”
You can also get it on: Listen to Free Radio Online | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn

There hasn’t been any change in the phone numbers, which last year were 315-424-8599 (local) or 1-888-746-2873. You can call to ask questions or submit them via Twitter at: https://twitter.com/CuseIMG
#AskDino or through Cuse.com, (the SU Athletic website):
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics

You can (or could last year, anyway), listen to a podcast of the show, probably the next day, at: Search results for babers | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn

My Question(s) or Comments

First segment question:

“Coach, Andre Szmyt came into this year having hit 86% of his field goal attempts, (56 of 65) and 98% of his extra points, (123 of 125). From 40+ yards out, he was 17 for 24, 71%. This year he’s 7 for 12 on field goals (58%), 29 for 31 on extra points, (93.5%) and 1 for 5 from 40+. What’s happened? Is he hurt? How much of this is his fault and how much of it is the people around him?”

Second segment question:

“Coach, we’re known as “Punter U.” (I’d rather go back to being known for our running backs.) This year, for the first time in a long time, our punting has been sub-par. James Williams, per his bio “Rated five stars and the No. 4 punter and No. 13 placekicker in the 2020 class by Kohl’s Kicking.” Yet it says that in his senior year, “he averaged 35.8 yards on 25 punts”. I would think punting would be the one thing that was the same on all levels of competition. Should we be surprised that he’s the 92nd ranked punter in the country with an average of 36.7 yards? Why was he rated 5 stars?”
Do they figure in coffin corner and pooch type kicks in HS averages. Maybe he was on a team that had a lot of those.

Do they figure in coffin corner and pooch type kicks in HS averages. Maybe he was on a team that had a lot of those.
joe stanley of stanley law is a big syracuse supporter and IMO should sponsor a "coffin corner" kick incentive to fans . dude looks like he sleeps upside down or in a box. happy halloween joe. BBBWWWAAAAHHHH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom