My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays, (Wednesdays until the Dino Babers Show ends) from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show is at Carrabba's Italian Grill at 550 Towne Drive, Fayetteville, NY. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality. Last year they did a third half hour segment on Twitch.
Their schedule: Americu Jim Boeheim Show Starts Nov. 9 - Syracuse University Athletics

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MattPark1 or https://twitter.com/hashtag/AskBoeheim?src=hashtag_click

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts
There’s now a third segment where Jim and Gomez can be seen on camera at:
The early shows tend to be in a one-hour format. I'll post a summary of them the same night. When they do two hour shows. I will do two posts: the Matt Park segment the night of the show and the Gomez segment the next day.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

For the Matt Park Segment:

“Coach, Jim Satalin said after the Virginia game that “at least this proves he have a good team. We have played some good teams close but is there such a thing as “learning how to win’’? If so don’t you have to do that first before you are a good team?”

For the Gomez segment:

“Coach, two point field goal percentage has been one of the best predictors of victory over the years. Against Virginia Tech, they hit 68% of their two point shots and we hit 50%. Against Virginia they hit 48% and we hit 64%. (Unfortunately, we hit 20% of our three pointers to 43%.) Is that a difference in scheme, in talent, in experience or in effort?”

(For the third segment on Twitch I’ll improvise a question or two after listening to the rest of the show.)

Boeheim said during Thursday’s radio show that he would dip into the transfer portal after this season.

“We’d like to keep the core group that we have but you never know what guys are gonna do. You just don’t know,” he said. “We’ve got five or six guys playing a lot and you probably have a chance to keep them.

“Joe’s been here four years. It’s just like Buddy. He’s probably ready to go. You’re gonna have to look in the transfer market. There will be guys there. We’ve been contacted already. We know there will be guys in the transfer pool. And you just gotta balance that out with who you have.”

Thats are boy. Go get em Gus!

I hope someone called in and asked about Benny. Would be historic.

Sounds like maybe he is understanding how this works. Wish he could see this last year.

Listened to whole 2 hours. Not 30 seconds into the first show he went into a 20-minute explanation about his behavior towards the Benny question at the presser Tuesday. Blamed it on miscommunication between athletic PR department and himself. Said he thought PR took care of it before game. I wonder if that's PR taking the hit and blame for him. Even if PR put something out pregame, that's still gonna be the 1st question the press asked. Said kid made "a face" to him. LOL, that's middle school stuff.

Sounds like maybe he is understanding how this works. Wish he could see this last year.
Yup, one good forward transfer away from having 3 or 4 more wins. It’s the difference between or infamous spot on the NCAA bubble and the NIT bubble.

Yup, one good forward transfer away from having 3 or 4 more wins. It’s the difference between or infamous spot on the NCAA bubble and the NIT bubble.
Is that good enough?

Boeheim said during Thursday’s radio show that he would dip into the transfer portal after this season.

“We’d like to keep the core group that we have but you never know what guys are gonna do. You just don’t know,” he said. “We’ve got five or six guys playing a lot and you probably have a chance to keep them.

“Joe’s been here four years. It’s just like Buddy. He’s probably ready to go. You’re gonna have to look in the transfer market. There will be guys there. We’ve been contacted already. We know there will be guys in the transfer pool. And you just gotta balance that out with who you have.”
This is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom