My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(This will be the penultimate show of the season.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays, (Wednesdays until the Dino Babers Show ends) from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show is at Carrabba's Italian Grill at 550 Towne Drive, Fayetteville, NY. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality. Last year they did a third half hour segment on Twitch.
Their schedule: Americu Jim Boeheim Show Starts Nov. 9 - Syracuse University Athletics

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/MattPark1 or https://twitter.com/hashtag/AskBoeheim?src=hashtag_click

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts
There’s now a third segment where Jim and Gomez can be seen on camera at:
The early shows tend to be in a one-hour format. I'll post a summary of them the same night. When they do two hour shows. I will do two posts: the Matt Park segment the night of the show and the Gomez segment the next day.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

For the Matt Park Segment:

“Coach a couple of different sources have described your players as being ‘chippy’ towards each other during the Clemson game. Under pressure, teams will either come together or come apart. Which is this team doing?”

For the Gomez segment:

“Coach, in the NC State game, Joe Girard got whapped in the face and there was no foul called. In the Duke game, the same thing happened to Judah Mintz -so hard his contacts came out – and again no foul. The ruling was ‘incidental contact’. There are intentional fouls and therefore there are unintentional fouls. What’s the difference between incidental contact and an unintentional foul?”

(For the third segment on Twitch I’ll improvise a question or two after listening to the rest of the show

I think a question to ask coach is what he considers to be a successful season. He said at the beginning of the season that this team will go to the tournament so that sets an expectation (unless he meant the ACC tournament), and now it seems this is highly unlikely unless they win out the ACCT. What went wrong to fall short of his own expectation? This needs to be asked by the press not the fans as he would just talk over the fans.

So here's a dumb question... Does JB ever actually say these things to the player in question?

Not yelling at him in practice about a specific sequence, but sitting down with a guy in his office - during the season - and having an extended chat about things?

So here's a dumb question... Does JB ever actually say these things to the player in question?

Not yelling at him in practice about a specific sequence, but sitting down with a guy in his office - during the season - and having an extended chat about things?

I think he does. He's talked about doing that several times over the years. It's part of the job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom