My spouse refuses to come to FBall games anymore | Syracusefan.com

My spouse refuses to come to FBall games anymore

chakka3421

All Conference
She simply refuses to waste her time anymore and won't go back to the Dome with me until BBall starts. She certainly was making an effort to understand FBall better this year but now has absolutely NO interest at all in FBall for the rest of the year.

She by all definition is a casual fan and doesn't understand the game of football like most on this Board. What she does understand is piss poor What played games. I think we lost quite a few casual fans this past weekend.

Sucks to be you, my wife is more likely to drag me to a game knowing they will probably lose at home and I'll be an @sshole afterwards because she loves going to the dome and watching syracuse play.

I still don't get all of these posts where people keep saying they're friends, relatives, or people sitting next to them will never come back. It's a freakin' sporting event - 1 team wins the other loses. Happens every single day across America. Those same people would have been home raking the damn leaves if it hadn't been raining.

there are casual fans everywhere for every team.

that's fine

our problem is our fanbase lacks a sizeable, diehard rabid corebsase

there are any number of reasons for this... but losing your wife as a butt in the seats, since you admit she really doesn't understand the game, isn't the worst thing in the world... and she'll bandwagon back as many will if/when the prograsm becomes truly competitive again.

We're not there yet.

My girlfriend refuses to come to games with me anymore because I am too loud, I curse in front of children, I stomp on my soda and I punch the bleacher (drunk decision) when they make a mistake.

She simply refuses to waste her time anymore and won't go back to the Dome with me until BBall starts. She certainly was making an effort to understand FBall better this year but now has absolutely NO interest at all in FBall for the rest of the year.

She by all definition is a casual fan and doesn't understand the game of football like most on this Board. What she does understand is piss poor What played games. I think we lost quite a few casual fans this past weekend.

your post is stupid! if she doesnt understand the game then...yippee ...it was a fun, close game honey!!! does she have a problem with the 3rd playcalling? the interior blocking schemes of the field goal team? get real, if she refuses...then ...bye , bye...go make a pie...

My girlfriend refuses to come to games with me anymore because I am too loud, I curse in front of children, I stomp on my soda and I punch the bleacher (drunk decision) when they make a mistake.
LOL, sounds like me back when I was in my twenty's!!

Why were you bringing your wife in the first place? This should be a blessing in disguise for you. Send a thank you note to Hackett

LOL That sounds like me at home.

She by all definition is a casual fan and doesn't understand the game of football like most on this Board. What she does understand is piss poor What played games. I think we lost quite a few casual fans this past weekend.[/quote]

my wife was only casually watching the game but immediately after the forced fumble she commented
"i hope nassib doesn't give the ball right back to rutgers again this week."

It's a freakin' sporting event - 1 team wins the other loses. Happens every single day across America.
But it's been happening here for the better part of a decade.Not everyone is a die hard SU football fan.People that are not like the posters on this board aren't interested in paying to watch this team lose or struggle with some bottom feeder,and look like doing it week after week.If the responses in this thread are how people really feel,that's fine.Just enjoy the game with the other 20-25k of us and dont complain about attendance.

qdawg your exactly right, and chakka if your wife doesnt come back I could give a she prob sits on her hands anyways the entire time...(no pun there)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom