My staff reorganization fantasy... | Syracusefan.com

My staff reorganization fantasy...

supp

Hall of Fame
While Schiano's future is still in limbo, I'd love to see Shafer bring on Angelichio and Hafley. If they don't stay in the pro game, both those guys are going to wind up on someone's staff who wants to recruit the NE hard. In my scenario, Moore and Reed move on, McDonald takes on the WRs, Angelichio the TEs, and Hafley the DBs. Angelichio shores up NY and PA and Hafley has NJ. Then we have a staff that could make a huge splash rather than just a ripple in the recruiting wars. Daoust has proven himself as a more than competent recruiter. Lea was good at his previous stops. We know all about McDonald. Lester and Hill are a heckuva tag team in the Midwest. Perles has the toughest position to coach so less is expected of him. But Mike Foley would be a recruiting upgrade there. It's not a shock that Diaco retained only him from P's staff.

While Schiano's future is still in limbo, I'd love to see Shafer bring on Angelichio and Hafley. If they don't stay in the pro game, both those guys are going to wind up on someone's staff who wants to recruit the NE hard. In my scenario, Moore and Reed move on, McDonald takes on the WRs, Angelichio the TEs, and Hafley the DBs. Angelichio shores up NY and PA and Hafley has NJ. Then we have a staff that could make a huge splash rather than just a ripple in the recruiting wars. Daoust has proven himself as a more than competent recruiter. Lea was good at his previous stops. We know all about McDonald. Lester and Hill are a heckuva tag team in the Midwest. Perles has the toughest position to coach so less is expected of him. But Mike Foley would be a recruiting upgrade there. It's not a shock that Diaco retained only him from P's staff.
I assume Schiano brings those two wherever he gets hired. Reed has done a good job from everything I've heard recruiting wise, and Perles has been doing a great job in Jersey for 2015. Plus they are better coaches, not just recruiters like Hafley and Angelichio.

I assume Schiano brings those two wherever he gets hired. Reed has done a good job from everything I've heard recruiting wise, and Perles has been doing a great job in Jersey for 2015. Plus they are better coaches, not just recruiters like Hafley and Angelichio.

What if those two guys are tired of working for a tyrant?

Schiano was at Rutgers through 2011, so there may have been a couple years when Shafer was recruiting for us, while seeing what Schiano's coaches were doing against us on the recruiting trail. Based on past reports, I would not be surprised if there might be some bad blood between Shafer and the Rutgers staff.

I think the 2-0 finish solidified that this staff will be back intact next season. I don't mind it, but if we want to try and make a big move this seems like a perfect time with some solid NE recruiters available.

Liked Brian since his Days at St Lawrence/Ithaca (Coach)/Pitt He'll get a O.C. Job someday/where

I think Perles prooved himself as maybe being a pretty good oline coach this year. As it's the one position that requires the most player development I'd take that over being a recruiter every time.

I'd love to see either Hafley or Angel being added to the staff but we'd have to get in line. And my buddy who played with Hafley at Siena said there's no way Hafley would come back to college unless it was his only option and the guy is always going to be chasing the carrot. The only NE team he'd end up at is Penn State unless someone paid more.

I don't know why you want to make changes to a staff when they are doing their job. Ain't broke don't fix it. Neither one of those guys are coming to Syracuse. I want continuity unless there is a real weak link, which there doesn't seem to be. Good blend of recruiting and coaching on the staff.

im very high on Perles as a teacher. If he can recruit all the better i think he did a great job with the Oline this year

I think there might be a change or two- not necessarily performance-based, but just not the right "fit", or a better opportunity opens up. When was the last time Cuse went a year without any staff changes?

I really expected a lot more from the DB's this year and maybe injuries played a part on how they played but to me they were the most disappointing group this year.

I really expected a lot more from the DB's this year and maybe injuries played a part on how they played but to me they were the most disappointing group this year.

They certainly started out the season in disappointing fashion, but they got better as the season went on--despite the injuries. I think some of that has to do with players like Whigham and Morgan and Kelly being better than Lyn, Anderson, and Wilkes.

They certainly started out the season in disappointing fashion, but they got better as the season went on--despite the injuries. I think some of that has to do with players like Whigham and Morgan and Kelly being better than Lyn, Anderson, and Wilkes.

Agree they got better but a lot of breakdowns and I really thought they would have have a couple of pick 6's this year. Lynn is very good and Anderson is solid at what he does well and Wilkes...seems like a good kid.

I don't know why you want to make changes to a staff when they are doing their job. Ain't broke don't fix it. Neither one of those guys are coming to Syracuse. I want continuity unless there is a real weak link, which there doesn't seem to be. Good blend of recruiting and coaching on the staff.

Yeah, I don't want to address this unless we have to, because someone left on their own. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom