My starting team this fall | Syracusefan.com

My starting team this fall

kcsu

Living Legend
O: Nassib, Sales, Lemon, Burke, Smith, Wales, Center Mac, OG Chibane, Alexander, RT Curtis, LT Pugh. Notes by the end of the year i expect the frosh Thompson to be starting at TE.
D: CB Lyn, Reddish, SS SThomas, FS Wilkes, MLB Spruill, LB Davis, LB Vaughan, DT Bromley, NT Crume, DE Goggins, DE Sharpe. Notes by year end i expect to see Lynch replace Dan and Eskridge to replace Wilkes.

KO: Norton
PK:Kruatman
P: In a surprise Dixon
KOR: Kobena, Devonte, Morris Not sure on PTG as they may not want to risk him plus ball control issues.
PR: Rene, Desir
LS:Rogers

I think it's a solid projection.

Except Dixon.

I am not all that impressed with either punter and I really like Dixon's size, but he did not look all that solid during the spring game.

Hopefully he will develope quickly.

I think it's a solid projection.

Except Dixon.

I am not all that impressed with either punter and I really like Dixon's size, but he did not look all that solid during the spring game.

Hopefully he will develope quickly.
OrangePA i was at the spring game and i thought that Dixon really out punted Fisher. In addition i watched them pre game and he was booming them. Who knows but i believe it will be close i just like his stroke better. I think that Anderson could start at CB over Reddish but i hope not as Reddish seems to be a ball hawk. Burke was impressive in the spring game kid is a load and if he knows the blocking assignments i think he will be our FB in the fall. I also like Flemming and believe that he along with West Foster and Kobena will make for a very strong and deep WR group this fall our best in years. On D in addition to those i mentioned you have to like Sloan. Kid looked good at the spring game and i also thought that that Amene? and Dietab looked good at LB seems as if we are going to have some solid depth there. Of course Flash is going to see alot of time my guess is in the slot. On the Oline injuries are the key. Will Trudo slide over to OG, Can Hickey get healthy and live up to his press clippings, and will Robinson or Foy continue to progress and make a push? In the end i think the guys i have will start. It is nice to have a little depth this year and a few more playmakers on both sides

Anyone can boom a kick into the endzone.

Who was better at pinning a team back inside the 5 or 10 yard line?

Anyone can boom a kick into the endzone.

Who was better at pinning a team back inside the 5 or 10 yard line?
I thought that dixon was were you at the game? My problem with Fisher was he was averaging about 35 yards at best and his kicks were line drives no hang time. Dixon has a much better leg seems to have better upside from what i say. Granted it was 1 hour

Looks good except KOR. I'm not sure we're going to burn Morris' or Macfarlane's redshirt year only to return kicks.

Perhaps Reddish, Desir, or Eskridge back with Kobena instead?

My changes:
Lynch will start at SLB.
Trudo at RG
MPB at DE w/ Goggins moving back inside.
M. Davis at Fullback

He doesnt have the speed and we cannot afford him getting hurt. I do think that Desir or possibly Reddish could see KOR or PR action Rene may grow into the roll but to date he just seem to have it
Flash on KOs. Wouldn't be shocked if it happens...[/quote

Aren't the kickoffs moved up another 5 yards this year? That will definitely help our KO game.

Also thought Dixon kicked better. He needs reps and I think he will be solid. But frosh have bad games so there will be some inconsistency.

Fisher was hitting better kicks in pre-game warm-ups.
Dixon is not bad, he did hit some nice ones in the pregame. He definitely improved his flexibility. Fisher was more consistent though and gets his kicks off a lot quicker. I think Fisher will hold him off and have a much better year his second season starting.

Here is my projected depth chart going into the summer. There are still a bunch of prospective starters recovering from injuries. Let's hope all will be ready come the start of preseason camp.

Projected Depth Chart for 2012.JPG

To make the chart easier to read, I recommend right clicking on it and selecting the open image in new tab option...

Maybe I'm just too optimistic in the spring, but the depth and quality of the depth looks better than I've seen it in what seems like a long time. Obviously, if Nassib is injured that's a big problem because no one else has any experience, and all reports are pretty negative about the the #2 and #3 and we have nothing to go on with Hunt.

I like the defense on the front end and the back end, and I expect much better play from the LBs mostly due to an extra year of development and experience. The questions I have on the Oline are mostly due to injuries, but if Pugh is healthy the left side will be primed for a solid season. I'm hopeful Hickey can return to good health. I expect some growing pains on the right side.

The difference is Broyld and Sales and hopefully a simplification in the system along with more of a dual threat out of the QB position that puts more pressure on the opposing defenses. If Broyld is out in space teams will be forced to double him or take the risk that he beats his man. The pump fake may be a legitimate weapon this year.

Fisher was hitting better kicks in pre-game warm-ups.

That's what I thought as well.

I was actually pretty disappointed in Dixon because he seems to have the body of a great punter.

He really shanked a few when I watched him.

I'm not crazy about either one at this point, but Fisher seems to be pretty far ahead.

Dixon is not bad, he did hit some nice ones in the pregame. He definitely improved his flexibility. Fisher was more consistent though and gets his kicks off a lot quicker. I think Fisher will hold him off and have a much better year his second season starting.

Here is my projected depth chart going into the summer. There are still a bunch of prospective starters recovering from injuries. Let's hope all will be ready come the start of preseason camp.

View attachment 812

To make the chart easier to read, I recommend right clicking on it and selecting the open image in new tab option...

I would be really pleased to see Trudo and Kristofer in the starting lineup at OL.

That's what I thought as well.

I was actually pretty disappointed in Dixon because he seems to have the body of a great punter.

He really shanked a few when I watched him.

I'm not crazy about either one at this point, but Fisher seems to be pretty far ahead.
I thought Fisher had good height on his punts, but he wasn't getting the ball to turn over. Too many nose-down punts. Hopefully he can get that figured out.

Aren't the kickoffs moved up another 5 yards this year? That will definitely help our KO game.

Moving them back further last year really hurt us. The one year we really struggled to get the ball deep.

Maybe I'm just too optimistic in the spring, but the depth and quality of the depth looks better than I've seen it in what seems like a long time. Obviously, if Nassib is injured that's a big problem because no one else has any experience, and all reports are pretty negative about the the #2 and #3 and we have nothing to go on with Hunt.

I like the defense on the front end and the back end, and I expect much better play from the LBs mostly due to an extra year of development and experience. The questions I have on the Oline are mostly due to injuries, but if Pugh is healthy the left side will be primed for a solid season. I'm hopeful Hickey can return to good health. I expect some growing pains on the right side.

The difference is Broyld and Sales and hopefully a simplification in the system along with more of a dual threat out of the QB position that puts more pressure on the opposing defenses. If Broyld is out in space teams will be forced to double him or take the risk that he beats his man. The pump fake may be a legitimate weapon this year.
I agree with you. I do depth charts a couple of times a year, and have been doing this since around 1974. It has been a major struggle to fill out the third team with scholarship players for around 10 years now and has sometimes been hard to fill out the second team as well.

Assuming all or almost the players who are recovering from surgery are ready for the 2012 preseason, we will be back to almost full strength in terms of roster size for the first time in close to a decade. That is encouraging.

Now all we have to do is hope that the quality is good too.

Wanted also to point out that in my depth chart, I do not list Ashton Broyld. This isn't because I think he will be relegated to the end of the bench. I think he will get some playing time. I just don't know where to list him. In the end, I think given our need for big receivers who can get yards after the catch, he is going to mostly play at WR, maybe even line up as a TE at times (that would present some matchup problems for the defense).

He is, I think, a unique player for us. Hopefully he gets unique results as well.

Tomcat the only thing I didn't see was who would be kicking off? Thanks for the chart and I'd love to see some of the young guys win starting O-line jobs. I'll like to see Nassib sit back and be able to have time to throw and the receivers have a chance to get separation.

I'd love to see this Morris kid be like a Collier, only a student as well. I'm thinking the specials defensively will be the best we've had since the good P days and getting better each year as long as SU keeps getting good speed.

I agree with you. I do depth charts a couple of times a year, and have been doing this since around 1974. It has been a major struggle to fill out the third team with scholarship players for around 10 years now and has sometimes been hard to fill out the second team as well.

Assuming all or almost the players who are recovering from surgery are ready for the 2012 preseason, we will be back to almost full strength in terms of roster size for the first time in close to a decade. That is encouraging.

Now all we have to do is hope that the quality is good too.

Wanted also to point out that in my depth chart, I do not list Ashton Broyld. This isn't because I think he will be relegated to the end of the bench. I think he will get some playing time. I just don't know where to list him. In the end, I think given our need for big receivers who can get yards after the catch, he is going to mostly play at WR, maybe even line up as a TE at times (that would present some matchup problems for the defense).

He is, I think, a unique player for us. Hopefully he gets unique results as well.
I don't think Broyld will line up at TE. Mainly because from what I am hearing is that all of the TEs we have, minus Wales, are going to be used for receiving. I think Ashton will primarily be used in the slot where he can pose a threat in the wildcat as well as receiving. At this point, I honestly think he will be our number 3 receiver since no one behind Sales and Lemon has stepped up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom