My Take II | Syracusefan.com

My Take II

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
I sat in section 128, one of the official SU sections. Was extremely impressed by Reliant Stadium. It is a structure with the seating attached directly to the walls, so there is no recession between the decks of seating. This makes for great sight lines and intimacy.

They spent a lot of money on amenities too, including the world's largest scoreboards (one in each end zone). Great facility.

Hard to judge from inside it all but I think UM had around 25% more fans. Their fans sat almost exclusively in their university seating where the SU fans were more distributed through the stadium. In terms of loudness, it sounded very close to me.

The UM fans I encountered were Minnesota nice and I have nothing bad to say about them. Classy bunch.

rrlbees said:
So none of their posters attended?

I always think it's funny when people portray a team's Internet presence as representative of its entire fanbase (not saying you're doing that Bees, just speaking in general).

I sat in section 128, one of the official SU sections. Was extremely impressed by Reliant Stadium. It is a structure with the seating attached directly to the walls, so there is no recession between the decks of seating. This makes for great sight lines and intimacy.

They spent a lot of money on amenities too, including the world's largest scoreboards (one in each end zone). Great facility.

Hard to judge from inside it all but I think UM had around 25% more fans. Their fans sat almost exclusively in their university seating where the SU fans were more distributed through the stadium. In terms of loudness, it sounded very close to me.

The UM fans I encountered were Minnesota nice and I have nothing bad to say about them. Classy bunch.

Not finding the 'tuba' count.?.?.?.

Tuba count was 8. Tom and I speculated that No. 9 must have pulled a hammy recovering his sousaphone from the luggage carousel.

They stand only 5'7", but when standing on their keyboards they are 6'8".
I resemble that remark (The 5'7", not the internet big guy). I attended the game. It was great. But I think you are dead on. It's easy to talk smack when no one will ever meet you in person.

Tuba count was 8. Tom and I speculated that No. 9 must have pulled a hammy recovering his sousaphone from the luggage carousel.

I counted 9 at the tailgate show. Minnesota had 16.

texascpa said:
I counted 9 at the tailgate show. Minnesota had 16.
This matches my counts...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom