My take on the upcoming hearing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My take on the upcoming hearing

Enjoy the season. Let the attorneys handle this and we take our penalty when the time comes

This is how I'm looking at it. As much as it sucked at the time. I think missing the tournament like we did in 1997, 2007 and 2008 will make it easier for me to swallow if we do get a one year tourney ban. I think it would still be ridiculous considering what some other teams have gotten away with, but whatever. Anything more than that would be outrageous.

When this happened in 1993, I had never seen a season end without the NCAA tourney. I was too young to remember 1981. So it almost felt like the world was ending - for lack of a better metaphor.

A good mentor once told me. Don't worry about what you don't know. Worry about what you do know. Life's to serious to take life to seriously.

Okay.. since you asked, here is what I know.

1) The home schedule is very inhospitable for me to attend more than three games.

2) Kip Wellman and his wife are expecting a baby.

3) ACC Media Day on 10/29 will be very interesting.

4) I am looking forward to the two games at MSG... which I am combining with theatre tickets to "Beautiful" and "It's Only a Play."

5) JB will be 70 years old next month (Welcome to the 70s, Jim).

6) For the second time in two years we have a freshman point guard, of whom much is expected.

7) Kate Kolinski will be a great team manager. (She was a great friend to Orangeyes... visiting him many times in the hospital, and he loved her for that).

Other than that... I have nothing to share.
If you haven't seen it, The Book of Mormon is a real hoot.

I believe his last name is Keteyian and yes I hope he burns in hell twice!

Definately Terzian... He ended up getting canned by Rozelle for blowing a call in 88 against the Cowboys that cost them a game against the Giants in Landry's last year. He ended up dying the next year. Armen Keteyian used to be a sideline reporter for CBS and now works on 60 minutes.

Definately Terzian... He ended up getting canned by Rozelle for blowing a call in 88 against the Cowboys that cost them a game against the Giants in Landry's last year. He ended up dying the next year. Armen Keteyian used to be a sideline reporter for CBS and now works on 60 minutes.
I thought he was talking about Armen Keteyian that worked for ABC that did the story about our basketball program that led to the 93 probation. Sorry my bad

Okay.. since you asked, here is what I know.

1) The home schedule is very inhospitable for me to attend more than three games.

Shameless pandering for tix by the board to begin in 3, 2, 1...GO!!!!

Shameless pandering for tix by the board to begin in 3, 2, 1...GO!!!!
Sorry, Forza and Corduroy, but they've all long since been distributed. I mailed them out last week, and everyone seems to have received them.

Being born in Syracuse, a lifelong CUSE fan, a poster on this forum and a resident of Indianapolis do you think I qualify for an at large seat at this hearing?

Just let me know what time I need to be there!

Sorry, Forza and Corduroy, but they've all long since been distributed. I mailed them out last week, and everyone seems to have received them.

LOL...although I do not have an aversion to shameless pandering when the end result is worth it, there wouldn't have been any from me this year.

My kids' sports schedules pretty much preclude any Fall or Winter pilgrimages back to the hill...

I happened to be in Indy last week on business, and strolled by the NCAA HQ. The Hall of Champions next door was pretty cool.

IMG_0886[1].JPG

Bees, jake, cto, no insider knows nothing.

There is no decision by the NCAA. No decision will be made this weekend by the NCAA. The NCAA will give their decision between 30-60 days. At that point cuse can appeal. So when people say 2 year probation, no tourney, vacated wins, etc, its all speculation. The cuse legal team will fight their a$$ off to avoid post season ban, loss of scholarship, etc.

Obviously people are worried, including insiders and people at the administration level.

But please st0p with the source talk, cause unless bees, jake or cto break something, it's all speculation

GO DALLAS COWBOYS!!!
I have my "NCAA Investigation" game face on. I am pumped for the games and my intensity level for the next few years will not be affected. As long as they still play the games, bring it on.
PS Its a lot better psychologically happening now that after a . say . 13-1 start.

Bees, jake, cto, no insider knows nothing.

There is no decision by the NCAA. No decision will be made this weekend by the NCAA. The NCAA will give their decision between 30-60 days. At that point cuse can appeal. So when people say 2 year probation, no tourney, vacated wins, etc, its all speculation. The cuse legal team will fight their a$$ off to avoid post season ban, loss of scholarship, etc.

Obviously people are worried, including insiders and people at the administration level.

But please st0p with the source talk, cause unless bees, jake or cto break something, it's all speculation

GO DALLAS COWBOYS!!!

Obviously there is no final decision on the matter because we were pleading our case today, but we have an idea on what they are trying to hit us with.

Obviously there is no final decision on the matter because we were pleading our case today, but we have an idea on what they are trying to hit us with.
We have an idea of proposed penalties?

My only question is will this board know something by this time tomorrow?

My only question is will this board know something by this time tomorrow?
Hopefully we will know what the charges are...JB made some remark to the effect that he would talk about the situation after the hearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom