My Take - Sutochicken | Syracusefan.com

My Take - Sutochicken

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
Typical zone game - they were red hot in the first half and cooled a lot in the second. Is the zone back?

ND doesn't foul a lot - probably true, but I think they got away with a handful today, not a big deal but it annoyed me that they have a reputation of not fouling and I wonder if that biases the refs.

Great opportunity for Jessie to dominate - I was really hoping he would get 40 pts today but he did ring ND's bells.

Mintz's game seemed to be cramped by Jessie in the middle - maybe a tradeoff but I would have expected him to penetrate the ND perimeter better. A good effort that helped win the game, but surprisingly subdued.

Good for Joe - keep chucking and keep winning like you have your entire sports career, we need you. Surprised he was running the O at the end of the game, but see above.

Interesting that Ajak is getting so many minutes - 0 rebounds!!? - I guess it worked, somehow?

Very interesting that Taylor got 30 min and did some good things but not a lot for 30 minutes - I think he will be very good down the road.

JB played Mintz/Joe/Taylor/Ajak/Jessie a lot today - worked against ND, but don't expect this to be the main lineup.

Would have thought Torrence would have been more productive against a relatively weak ND defense, but I think ND D must have been collapsing into middle more than I realizes; this might also explain Mintz's game.

We shot 3-18 on 3s and won - I'm happy but it won't happen often.

Ajak should get a few rebounds with his size, but what he does may not show up in the stat sheet. For example, he was out on the shooter on the last play — not a block, no stats, but he made the shot more difficult.
Bell and Benny may have more flash and more upside. I am starting to believe that Ajak and Taylor, right now, do more of the little things that help the team and know how to defer to Mintz, Joe and Edwards. If Ajak can deter a few 3s (not something that shows in stats), he can help.

Typical zone game - they were red hot in the first half and cooled a lot in the second. Is the zone back?

ND doesn't foul a lot - probably true, but I think they got away with a handful today, not a big deal but it annoyed me that they have a reputation of not fouling and I wonder if that biases the refs.
Did anyone notice that after Girard missed his shot near the end (and missed the rim as well), that he thought he had been fouled in the act of shooting? I believe the announcers made a comment to the effect that he was jawing at the official for missing the call, who warned him to be quiet.

Did anyone notice that after Girard missed his shot near the end (and missed the rim as well), that he thought he had been fouled in the act of shooting? I believe the announcers made a comment to the effect that he was jawing at the official for missing the call, who warned him to be quiet.
He was jawing for the foul call on defense. They never showed a good replay but I rewound it and looked like he never made contact. He was annoyed it was an and 1.

He was jawing for the foul call on defense. They never showed a good replay but I rewound it and looked like he never made contact. He was annoyed it was an and 1.
The official closer to the play, in front of ND’s bench never called a foul. Joe whiffed on the foul. It was a bad call by an official out of position to make the call.

Ajak should get a few rebounds with his size, but what he does may not show up in the stat sheet. For example, he was out on the shooter on the last play — not a block, no stats, but he made the shot more difficult.
Bell and Benny may have more flash and more upside. I am starting to believe that Ajak and Taylor, right now, do more of the little things that help the team and know how to defer to Mintz, Joe and Edwards. If Ajak can deter a few 3s (not something that shows in stats), he can help.
Ajak is in there for one reason...get out on the corner shooters...watch when Boeheim puts him in...its after Williams or Bell do not get out to the corner quick enough... and it keeps Jessie down low to rebound instead of chasing shooters ...we give up some offense but he is pretty good at 6-10 defensively ...when he went in ND didn't get many corner looks...last play is a good example

i was distracted. what was the T for ? I think they said flopping or taunting? And when did it happen that it was called so much after the p lay?

I can’t be the only one that opened this thread to find out where I could get my hands on some sutochicken. Sounds delicious.
It's teriyaki chicken they put a new name on for marketing. Teriyaki chicken is good tho if done correctly.

i was distracted. what was the T for ? I think they said flopping or taunting? And when did it happen that it was called so much after the p lay?

It was for flopping as noted in this thread already, but prior to that call he had embellished a push off, so I think he may have been warned once before the called play.

The 10-15 foot jump shot is totally open all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom