My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

That's cute but also kind of a cheap shot at Coleman, who worked damn hard to shed weight and get back into shape after a major injury. He also can't help being "under tall" compared to the 7 foot or more Clifford. Yes he is playing inconsistently and it's frustrating but it's not due to excess weight or a lack of trying. Just look at how much better he's gotten from the FT line, for one thing.

I just needed pictures of Clifford and Garfield for the joke. I didn't create the captions.

That's cute but also kind of a cheap shot at Coleman, who worked damn hard to shed weight and get back into shape after a major injury. He also can't help being "under tall" compared to the 7 foot or more Clifford. Yes he is playing inconsistently and it's frustrating but it's not due to excess weight or a lack of trying. Just look at how much better he's gotten from the FT line, for one thing.
point well taken and everyone wants dc to excel, most just want him to catch the ball and put it in the basket.

Maybe. But there is something different about Frank. He seems to get passes to the big men that Ennis didn't always see or take. Maybe my imagination but --------
I'll go so far as to say I think Frank may have a better future than Ennis.
I agree. It's your imagination.;)

I just needed pictures of Clifford and Garfield for the joke. I didn't create the captions.
Well the captions were there so it kind of killed the joke such as it was for me. But whatever.

that's a ziggy!

960.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe. But there is something different about Frank. He seems to get passes to the big men that Ennis didn't always see or take. Maybe my imagination but --------
I'll go so far as to say I think Frank may have a better future than Ennis.

I don't know -- it'd be a lot to say he is either a better passer than Ennis or that he has a higher ceiling at this point given that Ennis was a first-rounder, was a huge component of a team that won 27 games and also did all that while basically never turning the ball over (1.7 tos/game). But I'm with you -- I do agree that Howard is really creative and comfortable with the ball (a great sign) and is only really scratching the surface. Definitely have to like his future.

I don't know -- it'd be a lot to say he is either a better passer than Ennis or that he has a higher ceiling at this point given that Ennis was a first-rounder, was a huge component of a team that won 27 games and also did all that while basically never turning the ball over (1.7 tos/game). But I'm with you -- I do agree that Howard is really creative and comfortable with the ball (a great sign) and is only really scratching the surface. Definitely have to like his future.

Difficult to compare the two, since Ennis was a full-time starter with no real backup and Howard is almost an afterthought with an instant hook when he takes a shot. Perhaps I'm being unfair to Ennis, since it's no easy task to post those statistics and lead a team to a long winning streak, but I see things in Howard that Ennis didn't seem to possess.

Right off the bat, Howard conducts himself like a natural basketball player. Ennis was a thinker. Howard knows how to properly run a fast break, seems to have a feel for what to do with the ball in relation to teammates or defenders. He's looked sharp at splitting a double and finding (better than finding, anticipating) his screener on the high pick and roll, both situations in which Ennis struggled.

Like you, I'm bullish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom