My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

It really is comical that so many people think they are coaching experts because they watch a lot of basketball on tv and played the sport as a kid.

I never realized how great a coach JB is until I start coaching my kids CYO games. There's a lot stuff to being a great coach. Knowing when to call or not to call a timeout is a huge part of how successful a coach will be. Making adjustments during the game is very tricky.

I never realized how great a coach JB is until I start coaching my kids CYO games. There's a lot stuff to being a great coach. Knowing when to call or not to call a timeout is a huge part of how successful a coach will be. Making adjustments during the game is very tricky.

People just focus on the ones that don't work and then rant about how they knew exactly what to do. They don't pay attention to(or maybe even notice) the ones that do work.

People just focus on the ones that don't work and then rant about how they knew exactly what to do. They don't pay attention to(or maybe even notice) the ones that do work.
And so few understand/acknowledge the notion that sometimes the proper decision does NOT work ... and conversely, the wrong decision can work. There is a lot more randomness in sports than we collectively give credence to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom