My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Not to be rude, you could look at the Syracuse Roster and quickly recognize the initials of the players. Good write-up Tomcat.
I took no offense and more or less expected such a response. Even in a more snarky ways! You did it very nicely. HOWEVER, no matter how many times I look over the roster, associating initials with particular players still takes way to much thought. And will until I see the team several times. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. I was a materials chemist in a major corporation and was considered a subject matter expert but I made every effort to avoid acronyms when doing presentations. Yeah it took a few extra keystrokes but it was appreciated by my audience. That was all I was asking. (and by the way SWC full last names in his report.)

I will try but I don't have a lot of free time on my hands. I hope you can forgive me if I continue to use abbreviations to get through the keying as quickly as possible.

As the newbies get nicknames, I will try and use those (they tend to be very short) as they become known.

As a little nugget, when I sat courtside, I believe I heard some of the players call Bourama Sidibe "Dib". I think that has already been established as his nickname.

So for those keeping track at home, Dib = BS = Bourama Sidibe.

I took no offense and more or less expected such a response. Even in a more snarky ways! You did it very nicely. HOWEVER, no matter how many times I look over the roster, associating initials with particular players still takes way to much thought. And will until I see the team several times. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. I was a materials chemist in a major corporation and was considered a subject matter expert but I made every effort to avoid acronyms when doing presentations. Yeah it took a few extra keystrokes but it was appreciated by my audience. That was all I was asking. (and by the way SWC full last names in his report.)

If posts are critiqued and supposed to be presented like work presentations, I think most everyone would be in trouble on these boards, I sure know I would be. I assume your screen name is an acronym Being on the slow side, I finally realized the football board always references the head coaches with HCDB , HCSS etc while the bb board refers to Jim Boeheim as just JB not HCJB - it’s an intriguing , inconsistent , thinking man’s (woman’s) board here.

Acronym on steroids is figuring out what medical ailment is being discussed on any of the prescription med ads on TV. Just don't get me started on what I think of the lawyer boiler plate on any of them.

I will try but I don't have a lot of free time on my hands. I hope you can forgive me if I continue to use abbreviations to get through the keying as quickly as possible.

As the newbies get nicknames, I will try and use those (they tend to be very short) as they become known.

As a little nugget, when I sat courtside, I believe I heard some of the players call Bourama Sidibe "Dib". I think that has already been established as his nickname.

So for those keeping track at home, Dib = BS = Bourama Sidibe.
Tom, you do a super job on your reviews, and my observation is/was a very minor detail and was only made to make it easier for me and a few others. By the time we finish this discussion, it won't matter . Sorry if I caused a problem.

Acronym on steroids is figuring out what medical ailment is being discussed on any of the prescription med ads on TV. Just don't get me started on what I think of the lawyer boiler plate on any of them.
The ads read disclaimers so fast, how can anybody really follow them The one I like best is "if you are allergic to "whatever" do not take it". I want to know how you know you are allergic to it without taking it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom