My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

If somehow we won a 6th game this year...I have no doubt we win the bowl game. I heard the Military Bowl was interested. Oh well...this 5th win gives us some hope and maybe saves 30-50% of the new STH'ers.

Let's keep good thoughts going forward and keep those construction workers at the Dome safe and focused to completing this tough task at hand.

By my count there are 39 bowl games and there are 81 teams at 6-6 or better so any thoughts that maybe something could come out of the blue and we'd get a bowl with a 5-7 record are gone.

I'm of three minds.

The Old Man on the porch in me wishes there would be about a dozen bowls with an 8 FBS win or Top 25 minimum so the bowls could reward excellence as they once did.

The practical me looks at the Syracuse program and realizes that there are many others like it who can use a bowl game as a stepping stone to better things so maybe getting a bowl if you can get to 6-6 would be a good thing.

The dreamer, (prankster?) in me notes that they are adding two more bowl games next year and there are proposals of 10 more and wonders: why not just give everyone a bowl game and those 15 extra practices, ranking everyone in the division from 1 to 130, putting the top 4 or 8 teams in the playoff and pairing everyone else by their ranking. I'll bet the game between the #129 and #130 teams would get good ratings just to see who winds up being the worst team in the country, (with both teams trying desperately not to be that team). They could call it the Ty-D-Bowl. ;)

this is overstating it - on the one TD, no one was going to catch the guy. He was right to pull up.

without him, we lose this game
last part possibly true (impossible to know the unknown), first part no way, wrong, watch it again.

He and Fredrick look at each other and neither lays out to stop the receiver. The other one they'd likely score anyway, but if he laid out to stop him right before the goal line who knows what would happen, like with the game ending play you never know.

As already said it's Impossible to know the unknown but like with Jim Brown lamenting our RB's going out of bounds instead of taking a hit getting an extra yard or two a few years back, the defensive player in me has noticed it's not just our guys, very few give the extra effort and lay their bodies out to stop a guy whose ahead of them.

Last edited:
last part possibly true (impossible to know the unknown), first part no way, wrong, watch it again.

He and Fredrick look at each other and neither lays out to stop the receiver. The other one they'd likely score anyway, but if he laid out to stop him right before the goal line who knows what would happen, like with the game ending play you never know.

As already said it's Impossible to know the unknown but like with Jim Brown lamenting our RB's going out of bounds instead of taking a hit getting an extra yard or two a few years back, the defensive player in me has noticed it's not just our guys, very few give the extra effort and lay their bodies out to stop a guy whose ahead of them.

I think it’s a mix of that and other stuff. But I it’s probably a bit much to rag on him too much. He’s one of the better players to come through here the last 10 years. He hits hard. He has a lot of career INT. He’s only a sophomore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom