My Take | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Didn't read through all of this yet, but sounds positive, both the experience and the play. Not surprised how you would come away with positivity though. Think we win 6 games, Tom? Really really hope so.

I think we win 7.

Hope you're right. We walk into the season with 2 wins, and have 10 games against programs who are peers or better.

We would split them, and I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

No tough road games until the 7th game of the year, so defend our home turf and things look good...

Pretty much Chip...gotta start out strong and hang on. Like Notre Dame in lacrosse, Louisville has had an easy time with us the last few years in FB. If Cuse defeats Louisville...I feel really good we win at least 6.

A minimum...Cuse needs to win two out three of UL, Purdue and UVA. If they win all three a bowl season is almost assured.

But Mark, 2011?...hey let me drink my Kool-aid.

Pretty much Chip...gotta start out strong and hang on. Like Notre Dame in lacrosse, Louisville has had an easy time with us the last few years in FB. If Cuse defeats Louisville...I feel really good we win at least 6.

A minimum...Cuse needs to win two out three of UL, Purdue and UVA. If they win all three a bowl season is almost assured.

But Mark, 2011?...hey let me drink my Kool-aid.

Yeah I’m drinking the kool-aid too

Scary but exciting.

Hope you're right. We walk into the season with 2 wins, and have 10 games against programs who are peers or better.

We would split them, and I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

No tough road games until the 7th game of the year, so defend our home turf and things look good...
Yeah, we have to come out of the gates hot.

Yeah, we have to come out of the gates hot.

Agreed 144%.

IF we can sneak a W vs. Llvll, then we're in really good shape to get 6 W's.
IF we don't beat Llvll, then the W vs/ Purdue is a must.

Ideally we get W's for both of those, and then 7 wins is on the table.

Having ND on the schedule this year blows, in a perfect world that's a soupcan instead.

Agreed 144%.

Having ND on the schedule this year blows, in a perfect world that's a soupcan instead.

Feels weird to say this, but based on how the schedule lines up, if we don't start 5-0, it's a big uphill climb to 6 wins.

Agreed 144%.

Cuse wins both, a great chance for 6 wins and Jeff Brohm sad.

Cuse loses both, a poor chance for 6 wins and Jeff Brohm happy.

Feels weird to say this, but based on how the schedule lines up, if we don't start 5-0, it's a big uphill climb to 6 wins.
Yeah, we'll know early what kind of season it can be.

Need to go 3-1 OOC, snagging that Louisville game is big.

I think we can do it.

Agreed 144%.

Agreed but not only Purdue but UVA too.

Minimum they need a 4-1 start.

While not a traditional power, Perdue is going to be really tough. Just going off last seasons schedule they were 9-4 and played 6 games against teams that were basically top 30 at the end of the year.

Reactions: 007
Power offense, huge, veteran ol , best returning back in the ACC, one of the top in the country, big play potential outside, all conference across the board at lb and corner. former groza winning pk. Major upgrades on the coaching staff.

this team has multiple strengths in all three phases that it can build a winning strategy around

the team was probably six plays total over three games from being 8-4 and until the last three games was statistically as good as any team in the last twenty years.

While not a traditional power, Perdue is going to be really tough. Just going off last seasons schedule they were 9-4 and played 6 games against teams that were basically top 30 at the end of the year.

Going to guess we will be a home Dog vs Perdue. - coming off a 9 win season and returning 6th year QB who was 2nd team all BiG10.

I think we will take a step forward this season. It will be interesting to see the Vegas O/U for wins. I won't be surprised to see the number <6. And yeah, I remember people made $$ hammering the over last season.

I can’t see us getting 6 unless we beat Louisville.

It’s even a tough road then.

This is the toughest schedule in recent memory.

Syracuse road to 6 wins and a bowl game in 2022

Games where we have the advantage and should win (2 W's)
at Uconn
vs Wagner

Games against peer group with similar talent that could go either way and 4 are home games which is great. Need to win at least 3 out of 5)
vs Louisville
vs Virginia
vs NC State (Despite 9-3 record last year i'm putting them here)
vs Florida State
at Boston College (Peer but i expect to win this one this year especially at home)

Games that will be difficult as we are likely a bit outclassed... and 3 are on the road. (Need at least one big upset out of 5)
vs Purdue (9-4 last year and played against 6 teams in top 30. Stud QB is returning)
at Clemson
vs Notre Dame
at Pitt (Normally a peer but on a high at the moment. 11-3 last year. Lose Pickett but have a top QB transfer in Kedon Slovis from USC and stud receiver Jordan Addison returning)
at Wake Forest (Normally a peer. 11-3 last year and Hartman's back...)

Tough but we can do this!

Edit: corrected BC from home to away game.

Last edited:
Purdue is losing maybe their best receiver in school history and a defensive end that offenses schemed entire gameplans around. SP+ would have made Purdue about a four point favorite in the Dome at the end of last season.

We're returning more production and I don't think that their overall talent level is noticeably higher than ours, if higher at all. I'd love to find a lookahead line that makes us a 3-7 point dog in that game because I would bet it yesterday. We should (and have to) win that game.

Purdue is losing maybe their best receiver in school history and a defensive end that offenses schemed entire gameplans around. SP+ would have made Purdue about a four point favorite in the Dome at the end of last season.

We're returning more production and I don't think that their overall talent level is noticeably higher than ours, if higher at all. I'd love to find a lookahead line that makes us a 3-7 point dog in that game because I would bet it yesterday. We should (and have to) win that game.
At worst I see this game as a Pick'em

At worst I see this game as a Pick'em
I can see putting them in the peer group. But every team loses some players. When you have a QB return for an offense that threw for over 4500 yards they are likely to be very good. Pretty sure we will be healthy underdogs in that one despite it being a home game and I think our chances of winning that one are probably around 1 in 3. I do think our chances are a bit better considering it being just our 3rd game into a new offense and coming off of UCONN. Purdue will still likely not a whole bunch about us.

Yeah, Bell leaving is huge. Connelly has 68% of their production on offense returning, and I'd bet you he's most of that 32%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom